Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..reminds me of a classic 'Jurassic Park' quote -

[Tim pops up wearing a pair of night vision goggles]

Donald Gennaro: Hey, where'd you find that?
Tim: In a box under my seat.
Donald Gennaro: Are they heavy?
Tim: Yeah.
Donald Gennaro: Then they're expensive, put 'em back.

:)

Yeah but that basically means he sold them for about $600 a piece, you could buy them on evil bay separately for cheaper.

actually $585.71428571428571428571428571429 each.

first rule of selling...if you don't ask for a price, you won't get it.

second rule...never underestimate the OTHER guy's greed.

third rule...don't get high on your own supply.

you get the rest. :lecture

Last edited:
I just picked this up at Dallas Comic Con for 275. Felt like a good deal based on the prices I've seen on ebay. Gotta say, after opening it, I'm REALLY disappointed. I'm hoping it will grow on me but it's SO light and feels so delicate and cheap to me. I have avengers Cap as well and he has some decent weight to him, yes it's a figure, but feels solid to me. This is my first IM hot toy and I'm having some buyers remorse DOH! Curious to see how the IM3 diecast figures feel in hand. Hopefully heavier and more "solid".

That's how I felt when I got the Mark 3.

....*Edit* screw it opened the second, waited this long and there are so many options with this guy it justifies having two, plus I have two VI's, then there's the battle damage on the way... oh my....

:gah:

beetlejuicewaitinggif_zps064a638e.gif

Loving mark 7 so far. Think it looks even better on the shelf with a mark 6 head on it;

IMG_0641_zps4b106062.jpg

I'm so switching the helmets when I get the Mk VII. This looks freaking amazing!! :rock :rock

Got a Mk IV on the shelf already and I'm getting the Tony Stark with compatible Mk IV helmet as well, so I should be good! :yess:

I feel for you bud, know what it's like.

But not to rub it in more pics, not had chance to sort my collection yet, so looks a little cluttered. Plus my Avengers display has a big hole it in at the moment.... a big green hole. (that an Coulson but not bothered about him)

20131005_000341_zps40240d67.jpg

20131005_000310_zpsc0149896.jpg

20131004_192540_zps7c2c1e32.jpg

20131004_192524_zps5aa01c41.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet IM collection you have going there! :clap

Thanks, have a few more dotted about a MK IV gantry, Iron Monger and another MK VII and eventually a BD MKVII. Think my collection seems to be turning into an Iron Man collection, they just impress me more than some of the other characters.

Going to have to cut back, cancel a few pre orders next year.... can I live without robocop and ed-209. I have time to think about it lol

One should judge quality based on design and material used..... not weight/mass

Mk. 7 could be soilid chunks of PVC that would weight 3 to 4 times as much... and be far poorer quality

one could not equate Cap which most cost goes to the tailoring (figure production)..... and Mk.7 which is a assembled model kit consisting 500+ odd pieces

The design is great. I think hot toys is the best representation for anything iron man right now for collectors. But, for over $250, it feels cheaply made to me. Sorry, just my opinion. Never held a previous mark in hand so the 7 may be the best to date for all I know. Detail is amazing I'm just shocked that they are expensive as they are after now having one in hand. These are mass produced dont forget...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

What happens with us in the UK when we get a Hot Toy and one of the parts is broken? Are we stuffed?

The peg in the right side damaged shoulder armour is hanging off plus like I've seen others mention here the magnet lasted two seconds before I had to glue it on again.

Amazing looking figure, my first Iron Man too.
My little nit pick is I wished the eyes and chest lights were toned down a little. Can't appreciate it lit up without it blinding me

What happens with us in the UK when we get a Hot Toy and one of the parts is broken? Are we stuffed?

The peg in the right side damaged shoulder armour is hanging off plus like I've seen others mention here the magnet lasted two seconds before I had to glue it on again.

Amazing looking figure, my first Iron Man too.
My little nit pick is I wished the eyes and chest lights were toned down a little. Can't appreciate it lit up without it blinding me

Where is there a magnet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The peg in the right side damaged shoulder armour is hanging off plus like I've seen others mention here the magnet lasted two seconds before I had to glue it on

Not sure if you can still do this as I am going back to around the time when the first version of the mark VI came out but the leg broke off on the iron man figure when I took it out the box. I just took a picture and explained what had happened and they gave me an address in hong Kong to send the figure to. Within 2 weeks they either sebt me a repaired one or a new one. Don't know if they still operate this way anymore though. Checkout their website or maybe someone else could share a more recent dealings.

I have owned ALL of HT Iron Man figures- this is one of the heaviest and sturdy-feeling figures.....they are all made this way. MK VII is the best IMO but the HS is the weak part of it.

Hello, been lurking around a while and just recently got into Hot Toys, finally got this in my local Forbidden Planet for €250 which I think is a steal so HAD to have him after reading some of the people's comments here, would like to say thank you for pushing me to get him, can't imagine not now :)

Hello, been lurking around a while and just recently got into Hot Toys, finally got this in my local Forbidden Planet for €250 which I think is a steal so HAD to have him after reading some of the people's comments here, would like to say thank you for pushing me to get him, can't imagine not now :)

Welcome and congrats on getting this figure! Your first HT fig?

Back