Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Poorly ASSEMBLED and POSED for SDCC. Relax... final figure will be quite nice!

This is only their 10th (+/-) Iron Man figure. They can't have been expected to fix the fade yet.

That's being saved as a special feature for the DX version.

Calm down guys. This is a work in progress, probably 8-10 months from being released. This has obviously been pieced together last minute so they could have something to show.

Whoa . . . whoa . . . WHOA!

An appeal to reason, maturity and intellect in a toy collectors forum?

ARE YE MAD? :wink1:

(BTW :goodpost:)

On an unrelated note, the helmet and eyes look terrible.

I agree. And while I realize that the IM necks have to be large enough to accommodate the light-up feature, the giraffe neck on this proto is ridiculous.

The Mark 3 of course used the chest LED to also illuminate the eyes. Maybe HT should think about reverting to that design.

As for the clavicle controversy, recall that the Mark 7 shed several panels and modular bits in the film . . . :monkey1

I really don't much care for the design of this Mark, so unless it's crammed with new deployable/swappable goodies, it will be an easy pass.

As much as I love Shellhead, I'm feeling HT burnout at this point.

And did I mention that neck is a joke? :pow

___

Unfortunately, I have to disagree about the chest piece. It's not the chest that's too low, revealing too much neck, there's a piece missing as the shoulder pods and clavicle pieces all line up.

Oohh interesting,i agree with u there, that fig is missing some piece, and now i believe the chest piece is lowered maybe is because of the abs crunch thing, but from the side view of this fig, he doesn't looked hunched a bit, but i'm not worried too much though, this still will look awesome overall once the full reveal is set :panic:

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap

If I may....

IM7adjustment.jpg

Your both partially right imo. The top diagram is right in that the whole chest section needs to go up but it doesnt need to go up that high, it will go to the lip below that, where the top detail part of the grey piece is raised to sit flush with the chest piece, just like the pic in the below diagram.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree about the chest piece. It's not the chest that's too low, revealing too much neck, there's a piece missing as the shoulder pods and clavicle pieces all line up.

The second diagram is also right except for that the shoulder pads also need to move back slightly, as from a side view they are too far forwards and looking downwards on the front part where they should be horizontal on IM's shoulders, this also keeps the alignment with your diagram just moving the whole alignment of pieces up on the HT to match the MK VII suit.

Hope this makes sense to someone at least :rotfl

A quick Photoshop mock up of how it's supposed to look.
I moved the head down on the post. (You can see the point where it's supposed to rest) and painted it the missing chest piece.

I know its been said before,but the more I look at these photos,the more I can't believe any one would display a figure like this...

Poorly ASSEMBLED and POSED for SDCC. Relax... final figure will be quite nice!

This Post.

It makes too much sense!

:goodpost::goodpost:

Ok. Everyone have a heart attack because some bozo improperly assembled a prototype that won't be ready to ship for 6-8 months if not longer.

That makes.perfect sense. :slap

The glass and glare makes for a lot of color issues. I found a better upper body shot. This is my best guess at how it's supposed to look

54141836810333659598919.jpg

Some custimations here and there then it'll be sweet

What's weird is that the early sculpt had no space resembling that grey area below the neck. Nor did it have those missing pieces, or even room for them by the looks of things.

536350_10150809482342344_58690437343_9706362_414806031_n.jpg

That is very strange. The same thing happened with the Amazing Spider-Man figure. Early prototype has a correct belt area.
Then new photos came out and the belt area was totally ruined.

I dont understand why certain Hot Toys figures are going backwards. What's up, Hot Toys? :slap They get certain things right and then go out of their way to break them.

Back