Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

I don't think it's an oversight, I think it's simply an unfinished/improperly displayed figure rushed out for Comic Con.

There is a "shelf" on the neck post. Once I moved the head down so it sat on that shelf, it was perfectly proportioned. I doubt that's a coincidence.

The base of the neck area also has a rather sloppy paint job. Like it's not supposed to be showing and is intended to be covered.

54141836810333659598919.jpg

The glass and glare makes for a lot of color issues. I found a better upper body shot. This is my best guess at how it's supposed to look

54141836810333659598919.jpg

WOW! That is really nice! I hope the final product looks a lot like THAT! :clap

I don't think it's an oversight, I think it's simply an unfinished/improperly displayed figure rushed out for Comic Con.

:exactly: relax guys, once we see the official reveal of this fig,it will look like the mark 7 we saw from the avengers,but if official reveal of this fig does look the one we saw at the con, then everyone can go nuts :panic:(including me) :rotfl

The above fixed pic looks great. Can't see why they didn't put the effort into this looking good for SDCC?

Nice close up shots! And you indeed look correct in your analysis of the armor. If that is the case, I hope it is tweeked since it doesn't appear correct in other pics I've seen.

I really hope we get a helmet head sculpt. Loved that about the Mark VI. Sucks they didn't have Hulk on display. Guess it is taking a long to sculpt him. He is going to be huge.

I really hope we get a helmet head sculpt. Loved that about the Mark VI. Sucks they didn't have Hulk on display. Guess it is taking a long to sculpt him. He is going to be huge.

You are probably correct. He'll be amazing once he's finished. Just a disappointment he wasn't ready for the show. Can't think of any other event this year that will be big enough for a Hulk reveal?

Just for clarity here, I for one am not going to let some badly re-assembled and posed figure at the SDCC (which in truth should have been spotted and corrected at some point!) put me off from POing this if the official 'full release pix and specs' package shows that all these concerns have been properly addressed.

IRON MAN, as a product by HT, looks totally incredible. One of the most impressive things I have ever seen (certainly the kind of figure I would have loved to have when I was an 11 year old boy reading the comics). As it has made, and continues to make, a great deal of money for them I am more than certain HT will put all of this right before full launch time.

P.S. and just a wee bit :offtopic: As a group, aren't we doing well with our own brand of conspiracy titles..?

There's the "BATMAN and his Oily Abs" debacle, the "JOKER and his Hat Hair failure" and now we have the "IRON MAN and his Clavicle Controversy"

:rotfl

After seeing the photo from SimpleCRIPPLE above i think that the only problem here is that there is a piece missing from the display model at SDCC, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but the piece i have circled in the first pic below is clearly missing on the figure

z79sw.jpg
34858jd.jpg

So either this piece didn't make it to San Diego or the people assembling the figure didn't put it together properly, and that piece is probably floating around inside a cardboard box underneath the display stand.

You are probably correct. He'll be amazing once he's finished. Just a disappointment he wasn't ready for the show. Can't think of any other event this year that will be big enough for a Hulk reveal?

Yeah, they should have at least displayed the Hulk work-in-progress for people to get excited for. They do it all the time at Japanese figure expos. And it already seems like Mark VII isn't a complete prototype either.

After seeing the photo from SimpleCRIPPLE above i think that the only problem here is that there is a piece missing from the display model at SDCC, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but the piece i have circled in the first pic below is clearly missing on the figure

z79sw.jpg
34858jd.jpg

So either this piece didn't make it to San Diego or the people assembling the figure didn't put it together properly, and that piece is probably floating around inside a cardboard box underneath the display stand.

:goodpost::exactly:

I am so excited about this one that I'm quite antsy waiting on him to go up for order.

I as really hoping they'd have him displayed in different modes with the weapons pods open and closed as well as all the weapon pods ejected. I'll be buying it regardless but really hoping they're actually removable.

After looking at some reference pics, I am starting to be convinced that the pieces isn't missing at all, just hidden.

pieceh.jpg

After looking at some reference pics, I am starting to be convinced that the pieces isn't missing at all, just hidden.

pieceh.jpg

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

i think your spot one, this would also mean he's tilted forward to make the head straight up in the air, so if this was down the head would tilt forward then the whole torso section would be able to un-crunch revealing the longer ab section and making everything look right.

:goodpost:

I dig it and cannot wait to get all the suits in my collection. I will order it as soon as its available to avoid the ridiculous mark ups.

Back