Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who have the VII in hand, how do the joints feel? Specifically, the ankle and knee joints are they rock solid stiff or do they have a bit too much play in them?

I can't bring myself to spend almost twice as much for super alloy. I'll take the HT.

Yeah I hear ya it is some coin.

I am going to sell my Mark VII to cover most of the damage. Given what the Mark VII is going for on ebay, I'll only have a extra $75-$100 in the PI. I got the Mark VII for under $200.

Getting the diecast version and the extra Hall of Armor Bay doesn't sound that bad for what I paid for the Mark VII.

Somebody likes my logic down to 16 at BBTS. :)

Last edited:
Any other Mark suit and I'd seriously consider the Play Imaginative version... but the Mk.7 has all the cool display options with the weaponry and removable parts, as well as the "not-really-RDJ" Tony Stark head.
I'll admit that I rarely ever use the majority of option parts, but I feel that it's always nice to have.

I actually have the PI on order. Im kindy batty to have three regular mk viis and two bd viis. What can I say, I love the mk vii..even have the life size bust on po.

There's a nice 1080P video in the PI thread that shows the figure pretty good. As long as the reds and the golds on the paint are clean and accurate, I can handle softer detail with diecast.

But as for the Hot Toy Iron Man MK VII face.........:rotfl

[ame]https://youtu.be/M3lGKMXYOG8[/ame]

Last edited:
I just placed my preorder for the PI Mark VII at BBTS. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably end up selling my HT Mark VII if I don't end up cancelling the PO.

I think we will be happy with the PI. Gotta like the odds given everything they have in the figure.

I saw the batman in person, it is quite well done. And the PI packaging looks pretty nice like the vault the batman comes in.

It was the other suits I first saw that really shocked me by how bad they looked. Up until then it was just a matter of "diecast? not interested" for me. I assumed they looked as good or better than HT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xViG1kVYxiw

The 1/4 scale stuff looks really bad. Granted these are protos and under con-lighting but still… yeaks. They remind me of the NECA stuff but with better paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLDSvxsjWNA

It was the other suits I first saw that really shocked me by how bad they looked. Up until then it was just a matter of "diecast? not interested" for me. I assumed they looked as good or better than HT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xViG1kVYxiw

The 1/4 scale stuff looks really bad. Granted these are protos and under con-lighting but still… yeaks. They remind me of the NECA stuff but with better paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLDSvxsjWNA

haha yeah they look atrocious. I would bet a good amount of money those are not even all diecast but models, just to get out until they had all the source material. The galaxy suit looks like *** and most are obviously not ready for primetime.:lol

I think we will be happy with the PI. Gotta like the odds given everything they have in the figure.

I saw the batman in person, it is quite well done. And the PI packaging looks pretty nice like the vault the batman comes in.

Agreed. While we are giving up things like TS sculpt, add on weapons, and BD, I think the more accurate sculpt and a metal HOA will more then make up for it. I also like the different light modes in the HOA and the added bonus of the remote is a nice touch. With it being over 80% diecast, it should be very well made to boot.

Haven't seen PI Bats in person but looks pretty good in online pics from a Google search.

Agreed. While we are giving up things like TS sculpt, add on weapons, and BD, I think the more accurate sculpt and a metal HOA will more then make up for it. I also like the different light modes in the HOA and the added bonus of the remote is a nice touch.

Haven't seen PI Bats in person but looks pretty good in online pics from a Google search.

Yeah I was thinking the HOA bay could be a office piece, and switch out a armor every month or so to display. My collection is downstairs in my HT room, so having a piece upstairs is kind of a nice benefit from this set as a display option with remote.:)

I saw the Batman at a store a few months back. It is heavy like the tashi C-3PO. The crazy thing is the detailing on the batman suit. Even though it is a dark grey, they managed to give great detail in the design. Almost overkill on a batman. Having seen that and knowing what the Iron Man details look like they should produce a very nice figure. This is pannel coloring with reds and golds, no mixing and blending so pretty straight forward. Just pray it doesnt fall over. Need to invest in some heavy magnets. LOL

Yeah I was thinking the HOA bay could be a office piece, and switch out a armor every month or so to display. My collection is downstairs in my HT room, so having a piece upstairs is kind of a nice benefit from this set as a display option with remote.:)

I saw the Batman at a store a few months back. It is heavy like the tashi C-3PO. The crazy thing is the detailing on the batman suit. Even though it is a dark grey, they managed to give great detail in the design. Almost overkill on a batman. Having seen that and knowing what the Iron Man details look like they should produce a very nice figure. This is pannel coloring with reds and golds, no mixing and blending so pretty straight forward. Just pray it doesnt fall over. Need to invest in some heavy magnets. LOL

That's a great idea on the HOA. I think it would be a great set up to display in an office and the remote adds a bit of class to the whole HOA display imo.

That's good to hear about the PI Bats and bodes well that PI will be able to deliver on the Mark VII.

I am just not liking the corner cutting HT did on this figure. Why would that put the switch for the light up eyes inside the face plate? Why use cheap rubber on the arm joints? :slap

Hopefully the BD version will be made better.

Last edited:
Corner cutting? Like what? They actually added stuff to the release compared to the prototype. You can say it's not as accurate as you'd like perhaps but it doesn't seem like they did any skimping on it at all.

Back