Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you can't just switch the faceplate on the helmet ?
No. I guess.

I am still waiting on mine, but I have an idea that will at least fix the fact of seeing through the faceplate eye sockets to the inside light emitter. I will either lightly sand or paint the faceplate eyes from the back of the faceplate so that they have a frosted look that will still allow light through, but make the eyes illuminate evenly.
That seems like a good idea

:D :hi5:

here you go VI and VII..
eyes_zps1d1cb7c4.jpg
It looks fugly compared to the VI. And the mouth looks like the visor is about to open like this:

nmzte1.jpg

Cartoon head MK VII, can the faceplates be swapped?

If not someone could cast the MK VII faceplate, resculpt the eyes and mouth then recast that and sell it, just need to glue some clear plastic around the eye gaps (possibly from a drinks bottle) and find a good paint match for the gold....

If not someone could cast the MK VII faceplate, resculpt the eyes and mouth then recast that and sell it, just need to glue some clear plastic around the eye gaps (possibly from a drinks bottle) and find a good paint match for the gold....
That's exactly what I plan on doing. It's shocking that they can still mess up the helmet this late into the game. 20 Iron Man suits later and they can't even get the head right.

Only problem is I don't know how to recast anything. :lol If anyone wants to point me in the right direction on how to do so I'll ship them one for free when I'm finished with it. Will post a interest thread when I'm finished sculpting the entire face plate.

Yes. But a mod requiring that much effort isn't justified for a $200+ figure. :lecture

mark7chest.png

Gonna be a run on Mark VI heads....

Rory, are you sure you have the face plate seated all the way down? Nothing creating a slightly larger gap at the mouth? It just doesn't look like its pressed down all the way in your compare pic.

mark7chest.png

Gonna be a run on Mark VI heads....

Rory, are you sure you have the face plate seated all the way down? Nothing creating a slightly larger gap at the mouth? It just doesn't look like its pressed down all the way in your compare pic.

It is mate, there is no give there whatsoever, it's completely flush. The black "mouth hole" is a solid sculpted piece, not an actual hole/gap.

Now does the Mark IV/VI head fit onto the Mark VII neck? Because given the Mark VI you end up with two heads. One with the Stark face inside and one that lights up.

I just went back and had a look at OMG's pics, he has tilted the head down in most pics to help make the eyes and mouth look smaller, but it's the same...

MKVIIL-31_zps3b6f6716.jpg~original

Now does the Mark IV/VI head fit onto the Mark VII neck? Because given the Mark VI you end up with two heads. One with the Stark face inside and one that lights up.
Technically no, because they need the light up neck to work. But they just need a little modding at the neck to fix on, the joint is smaller rather than bigger, so it's just a case of adding a circle of paper or tape, nothing drastic. I put the Mark VI head on and it's miles better IMO.

Tilt it down and it looks ok...ish.

Have to add, for everyone getting this figure..it's still a beauty. Just depends on how picky you are about the head.

Magnets and extra little tab aside, does the Mk.6 faceplate fit on the Mk.7 head?

If it does, maybe that would be a better starting point for casting? Adding the tab should not be hard (make that one of the entry points for the resin to flow through)

To those asking, yes, the Mark VI does fit on it.

OMG did the pleasure of testing it himself and it looks 10x better. It looks like he just swapped the head though. I see no reason as to why the face plate won't fit on it though.

MKVII109_zps61344ac2.jpg~original

To those asking, yes, the Mark VI does fit on it.

OMG did the pleasure of testing it himself and it looks 10x better.

MKVII109_zps61344ac2.jpg~original

It doesn't actually "fit" but you can pop it on loosely, easy to fix if you wanted. But no lights obviously. Thanks for posting that pic as I know I was just about to be asked to do the same..!

Black sculpted mouth area...
photo-69_zps236f816e.jpg

I never have the lights on anyway and the Stark face head doesn't have the lights regardless.

Back