Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which sadly, what with HT wanting to gouge out as much profit as possible from any situation...they will convert $1 magically to $50 and just add it to the retail price.

The customer always pays!

And with HT mentality being what it is I think it'll hurt them in the long run.

I mean just look at the most recent DX13 Battle Damage T-800. For $300. Then look at Enterbay's 1/4 HD Battle Damaged T-800. $375. I love me some HT, but they are price gauging big time.

If Im paying $300 for 1:6 figures, I might as well pay a little more and just go all out with the 1:4 offering(s). IMO.

Less offerings sure, which would save me more $$$ in the long run.

No doubt the DX13's an expensive set, but I love 1:6 scale so 1:4's not an option for me (just really limits diorama display options). Plus, in many ways I think it's as strong a release as Bespin Luke when you factor in the different display options and the T1000 statue (I'm guessing a little more attention paid to tailoring on the jacket, etc, too). And unlike Star Wars or a lot of other franchises, Terminator is a small universe of characters. Most I'd ever need is DX10, 13, a police assault T1 Arnie, an endoskeleton (assuming they re-release a 1:6 version of the 1:4 version currently on pre-order) and if I really stretched it, a T1000.

And with HT mentality being what it is I think it'll hurt them in the long run.

I mean just look at the most recent DX13 Battle Damage T-800. For $300. Then look at Enterbay's 1/4 HD Battle Damaged T-800. $375. I love me some HT, but they are price gauging big time.

If Im paying $300 for 1:6 figures, I might as well pay a little more and just go all out with the 1:4 offering(s). IMO.

Less offerings sure, which would save me more $$$ in the long run.

I was going to order the Battle Damage T-800. For the price you did get a lot of stuff. I did pass on it. I when with a Exoskeleton with two guns. I should have it sometime by this time next year. It took them close to a year to get me my Clyon.

No doubt the DX13's an expensive set, but I love 1:6 scale so 1:4's not an option for me (just really limits diorama display options). Plus, in many ways I think it's as strong a release as Bespin Luke when you factor in the different display options and the T1000 statue (I'm guessing a little more attention paid to tailoring on the jacket, etc, too). And unlike Star Wars or a lot of other franchises, Terminator is a small universe of characters. Most I'd ever need is DX10, 13, a police assault T1 Arnie, an endoskeleton (assuming they re-release a 1:6 version of the 1:4 version currently on pre-order) and if I really stretched it, a T1000.

Maybe I see thinks a little difference. I take the base price and see what you get. I then see I can do this and I can do that. Why I have not pass on a clone. Some are worth the price, others are not. The Luke I think is worth the price and same as the Terminator. I still may by the 1/4 Terminator at the $400 price its not all that bad. .

Keeping on topic. Sure the Mark 7 is more but it has more to it. Maybe not as much as some of the BD but then again how long ago did those come out? $270 is fine.

Neca's Mark VII prototype pic has shown how much better their figure's proportion is compared to HT's. But it is in 1/4 scale so... Depending on its price I might opt for Neca's instead.

I just can't figure out why HT can't seem to get proportions right lately. They did well in early 2000s and have made zero improvement since. Shame on them!

Feel sorry for whoever falls for it

Seems like pity could be spent on real misfortune rather than suckers buying toys. :dunno

Why so many scams on ebay lately.

Lately? :lol

It's such an ancient occurrence that the Romans had a phrase for it: caveat emptor.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

_____

I too am feeling my resolve crumble on this figure. The VI is impossible to get hold of new at anything less than insane pricing, and my plan to use my personal favourite (my brand new IV from my Gantry set) now seems a bit rubbish.

:gah: HELP!!!

I too am feeling my resolve crumble on this figure. The VI is impossible to get hold of new at anything less than insane pricing, and my plan to use my personal favourite (my brand new IV from my Gantry set) now seems a bit rubbish.

The Mark IV is probably my favourite IM, a bloody cracker of a figure actually, and I'm not a certainty to pick up the Mk VII by any means. Especially if it has more of the "pink panties rubber" in it, as I suspect it does.

This one looks to be the best one yet! I say order one so you don't regret it later. :wink1:

Looking forward to this one. Haven't pre-ordered it yet, but I will once some of my points hit my Sideshow account.

Back