Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all who've pick this up recently. It really is a very nice figure and you can't really appreciate Spidey until he is in-hand.

14032023527_b89bd8293c_b.jpg

Cool pic! I got him in December and still pose him almost weekly! Love the figure

The backpacks may be pricey, but you can keep your eye out on eBay for them once the figure is released.

Cool pic! I got him in December and still pose him almost weekly! Love the figure

Thanks! I love this figure. HT made a great Spider-man; outside of the early shoulder issues.

Don't know if they could make a better HS for Thor. Thinking of using the HEAT14 codes on this Spider-Man. Think I want both ASMs!

I received my figure with a loose shoulder joint.

I think this is already the fixed batch but still with a shoulder problem. I bought it from BBTS and have emailed their Customer Service... they said this is a " consistent issue throughout this line". Now they are asking if I want a refund.

I want to keep the figure cos I like it. Now, I can ask for a replacement but as they said the shoulder prob is a "consistent issue throughout this line".

Should I still have it replaced or just keep what I have cos for me, it's a minor thing?

Posted pics of the shoulder prob:

LOOSE RIGHT SHOULDER copy.jpg

I don't have that problem with mine. I wonder if the rep got this confused with the 1st batch broken shoulder fiasco. Personally I would ask for a replacement. I also do not recall seeing that mentioned here as a widespread problem.

I don't have that problem with mine. I wonder if the rep got this confused with the 1st batch broken shoulder fiasco. Personally I would ask for a replacement. I also do not recall seeing that mentioned here as a widespread problem.

Yep. Replied to their email requesting for a replacement. BUT if I find that the process is too long or complicated, I may as well just stick to my figure. As I said, it's something minor.

Here's an actual pic. If you notice the right shoulder is a little off, but I can live with it.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I contacted BBTS prior to figuring out who to order this figure from. This is the email sent to me about a week ago from today.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Hot Toys Amazing Spider-man figure. The shipments that we received all contained the instructions on how to make the shoulders function properly. We do not have a revised or updated version and all of our stock is identical. As long as the provided instruction sheet is followed accordingly, there should not be any issues with this particular version of the figure as we experienced an incredibly low amount of defective returns."

Due to this, I decided to go with Sideshow.

Is my Spiderman crooked?! It looks off centered. I just got this figure from sideshow today. The chin seems way off align to the spider symbol and web lines on the chest. This is the "fixed" version (if its not please let me know) and if you notice the shoulders on this figure, one is raised or something. The torso is standing straight up (no twist). It seems like this figure is posed at an angle but its standing up straight. The image with the Garfield head sculpt looks as if Ive posed the head to look off in a direction when i put it straight on. Any input? Is this how everyone's was made?

Back