Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where on earth in the UK do you live without a 24 hour Asda?!

Southampton. They close at 10.

I got my Spider-Man today and I'm thrilled. I'm not the greatest at reviewing figures, but if anyone wanted to see my unboxing/review video and see a collector's Hot Toys cherry be popped, it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqiCjDSTd2s

I mean, I dunno...is that something people like? Watching as someone holds their first Hot Toy in their hand? Or is that something only creepy people with a weird fetish do?

I won one in a Sideshow Twitter competition and really like how it looks in hand - is there a quick way to tell whether it's the first release or the second with the fixed shoulders? And if anyone has a link to the guide on how to make sure you don't break the shoulders, that'd be great! Yes, I'm very lazy.

The quickest way to tell is to yank the arm in an upward direction...

Just got my Spidey! Worth the wait! The liner around the eyes is also a very dark blue.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389993881.612573.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389993896.072415.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389993920.509730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389993931.040923.jpg

That's what I was thinking. But I was in a hurry and just wanted to post some quick pics. Lol thanks for the heads up

i hope they reinvent the body for the new spiderman, because all the spidermen since the sam raimi one could never do the classic crouch pose....

So what's all this about broken elbows/arms issues? I've read about this, can anyone give me details?

So I took apart a Spider-Man today and found a few things interesting. The shoulders were VERY durable! I moved them around like crazy and did things that would stress the joint in all the wrong areas including just pulling on it pretty hard...and it held up perfectly. Now this isn't to say that all of them will be like this or that yours will be this durable but the one I took apart was.

There is a body suit that covers from the biceps to the knees.

The odd bump on the shoulder/bicep area is an odd bit of a mesh foam-like material glued on. The same material is glued over the shoulder ball joint. The bicep piece and the shoulder piece are two separate pieces intentionally. My guess is that the foam was supposed to be on the back of the arm more simulating triceps but somehow got glue in the wrong position during manufacturing. Also, the same foam is glue on the inside of the thighs. Not sure why there is foam anywhere since the body is covered in with the body suit under the spidey suit.

Also, the suit itself is extremely durable. I stretched the crap out of it and although sometimes it took longer, it always went back to normal. Even on my keeper, I had it posed with the head twisted and joints bent, stretching the suit, for over a week, but once I stood it straight up, after about a day or so, it all went back. The neck looked saggy as hell right after but its perfect again.

There was no sticking on the suit either as one or two others have reported. It was in a dry place at around 65'F but it won't be any more than about 78'F in that room, even in the summer, so I'm not worried.

Hopefully this info is helpful to some people who are worried about this figure. However, just because mine is like this, it doesn't mean yours necessarily is. You should still exercise caution with these figure and should anything negative happen to yours, I take no responsibility :D

Resampled_2014-01-19_22-04-56_474_zps640151c9.jpg

Back