Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my spidey in hand from a member here. This is a awesome figure! Quick pic image.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Guys...I finally decided to take Robbie's route and weather up my Spidey a little. What I wanted was somewhere between what Robbie did by darkening the entire suit and having the clean look it came out of the box with. I always noticed in pics that he had dark patches on the suit in spots mostly by the knee cap and feet areas along with some darker shading on his arms, head, chest and most noticeably the crotch area. I never understood if this was supposed to be dirt, worn marks on the suit from battle damage or just the way it looked from certain lighting. So anyway, I wanted to mimic that effect and darken the suit in spots but not overdue it. So what I have now is a semi worn battle damaged look but not completely. I'm happy with it and overall it makes the figure have a more realistic look to it and the suit. I always think weathering in general helps any figure look more realistic but I don't always feel the need to alter a HT figure out of the box.

12178183955_ac969f6959_c.jpg

12178409263_7db3595847_c.jpg

12178595474_77f325e7df_c.jpg

12178185895_1a70ac72a7_c.jpg

12178592474_6e96b5f438_c.jpg

12178597284_dd32f752a1_c.jpg

Looks great joebizz. So what odd you use to achieve that effect?

Thanks!!! I have weathering powder that is primarily used to age and dirty up vehicles, armor and such but when applied with a little water, it works on clothes as well and stays put without rubbing off easily. When you smudge it with a paper towel or just your fingers, it creates a nice worn weathered look.

Nice! I'm going to give that a try. He's definitely a little too 'clean' out of the box. I've been meaning to do something like that with my DX11 coat too so may as well work on that while I'm at it.

Just got this guy from Sideshow!

First Impressions:

-It's nice. Really nice.
-The hands are rubbery so switching them out is very easy, although a downside to that is that some of the bigger hands pop out pretty easy will try to pose it.
-I have to look at the naked body that was posted a few pages back so I can learn where all the points of articulation are.
-I managed to get the figure in a pose like the one on the box, but being a first time Hot Toys customer I was scared I would break it.
-Working the arms was nerve-wracking after all the drama when the figure first released. I definitely have go to look up the video on how to work the arms.
-The joints are all pretty tight. I'm used to the looser Hasbro type of joints.
-I wish the jawline was defined better! That's my biggest gripe with the figure. If you twist the neck to look right or left it look pretty good, but he kind of look weird from the side or staring at you head facing forward.

having both this fig and the man of steel fig, I think this is the nicer suit
something about the feel of it puts it above the supes suit

been one month since hot toys has had my broken spidey, still haven't received a replacement, just emailed them today
we will see!

Alright, this guy is awesome. I have not been able to let it go since I got it! It sucks that I'll have to put him back in the box, because I currently have no where to display him!

Hey Everyone,

Have a look at my review for the Hot Toys The Amazing Spider-man. I'm really happy with how the figure turned out and I know alot of people may not have liked the approach they took with the suit in the first film but its a gamble they took and for me it showed that they wanted to do something different and I liked it. Let me know what you think of my review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daw-mvtJeoc

So I finally did my height mod I've been talking about for months now with my extra body and head I picked up from eBay. Thank God for snow days. I think it turned out well and am happy with the result. It makes him about a 1/4 inch taller and right about 11 3/4 inches which translates roughly to 5'10" 5'10 1/2".

All I did was:
-Make longer ankle pegs
-Peel the extra suit fabric from under the leg connector
-Pull it down to glue it a little further in place.
-Pad the ankle pegs a bit
-Re-glue the boot fabric into place

Of course after I had peeled away the boot fabric from the leg and separated to rubber foot/ankle from the calf/leg.
3upyzuda.jpg

vy7ase5y.jpg

a9u9a5ab.jpg

azequzy3.jpg

Thank you very much guys, nope sadly not a radio talk show host, but that would certainly be a dream of mine one day maybe :pray:

Back