Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't buy it, it was a replacement from SSC because there was a defect. I had to destroy it or they would have charged me for a second figure. On the bright side, if anyone that is making a Peter Parker bash wants a Spidey costume and boots to put in a backpack, let me know!

I didn't buy it, it was a replacement from SSC because there was a defect. I had to destroy it or they would have charged me for a second figure. On the bright side, if anyone that is making a Peter Parker bash wants a Spidey costume and boots to put in a backpack, let me know!

Out of interest, what was the defect?

nhrhkN3.jpg

LYgYu4K.jpg

Ooooooh Robbie that looks nice. Is htat just a light drybrush with some black paint?

Also, I was just now futzing with my ASM for the first time and, is it just me or are the hands made of a softer rubber? They're much more plyable than I am accustomed to, and I really like the way that the hands pop on and off easily. I've had some figures that are a real pain in the neck to get hands on/off of and others that they seem to nearly fall right off. I really like these hands.

Ooooooh Robbie that looks nice. Is htat just a light drybrush with some black paint?

Also, I was just now futzing with my ASM for the first time and, is it just me or are the hands made of a softer rubber? They're much more plyable than I am accustomed to, and I really like the way that the hands pop on and off easily. I've had some figures that are a real pain in the neck to get hands on/off of and others that they seem to nearly fall right off. I really like these hands.

I don't know what material the hands are made of, but I also really like how easily you can change them.

Well, I just bit the bullet and order the guy using the rewards points I got from stalking this website last Halloween and December. Came out to about $152, so I really hope I like this guy, because I still think it's pretty darn expensive. I figured I'd treat myself to something I've been looking at for a while since my birthday is coming up in a little over a week.

I guess the worst that could happen is that I don't like him and I could wait a few years and try to sell him. These guys usually go up after they're all gone on Sideshow anyway.

Back