Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was never a boycott hot toys thing , it was more make hot toys own up to the problem regardless of who sold it , and those who have added me on Facebook know where we're at with hot toys but there's a few guys on here I feel I don't have to fully explain anything to , but let's just say that my spidey is jetting back to hot toys head office as we speak , and if they just offer to send me a replacement one they'll be gettin another **** off tablet until they recall it and solve the problem for everyone and if they don't they'll be gettin a **** load of pissed off emails until they do , those that like there spiderman in an upright only pose good luck to you , I want action poses with shoulders intact . Is that too much to ask for £167 , coz I don't think so

Yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys

any one know when sideshow will ship the figure ?

didn't get any email yet about it..

As soon as I read Sideshow are shipping him I'll be putting my order in, I've enough reward points now that I can get this figure for free* :yess:

*free if you ignore the customs fees I'll still need to pay :(

As soon as I read Sideshow are shipping him I'll be putting my order in, I've enough reward points now that I can get this figure for free* :yess:

*free if you ignore the customs fees I'll still need to pay :(

It's such a pity SS uses Fedex to deliver in Europe. Guaranteed customs fees are a real downer. I see ebay have started to do the same when purchasing from US now? You have to pay customs fees as well when checking out. :thud:

Medi costume will stand up as long as you don't keep me in the dynamic poses, at least mine has
Get em posed, get the shot, then back to museum

...anyway.
And no Hot Toys have never recalled a product. And It will never happen. I mean, it's not even feasible, they haven't got enough direct distributers to even attempt doing that. SS haven't even done it on damaged HT releases that SHIP already broken or damaged, let alone a figure with delicate arms. Toy Fair Batman? DX02, '89 Batmobile..nope, nope, nope..What they will do is offer replacement parts from time to time. Product recalls happen when an item is dangerous, deemed unsafe, not for weak 1/6 Spiderman arms!

I got a new DX02 body from HT, but it was a load of hassle to organise. Even though I bought it on Ebay.
This will be no different, no matter how much huff and puffing is done.

Medi costume will stand up as long as you don't keep me in the dynamic poses, at least mine has
Get em posed, get the shot, then back to museum
From the research done over in the Medi thread, I think it was Lawrence who really put his figure through the ringer, every crazy *** pose imaginable. :lol
The suit started to breakup/stress at the joints after a while.
It was pretty strong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
And no Hot Toys have never recalled a product. And It will never happen. I mean, it's not even feasible, they haven't got enough direct distributers to even attempt doing that. SS haven't even done it on damaged HT releases that SHIP already broken or damaged, let alone a figure with delicate arms. Toy Fair Batman? DX02, '89 Batmobile..nope, nope, nope..What they will do is offer replacement parts from time to time.

Yeah I didn't think they ever did.

I got a new DX02 body from them, but it was a load of hassle to organise.

That's probably a lot easier to fix than the joint issue right? Since it is just hard plastic abs instead rubber abs. This seems more difficult to replace because it is a somewhat complex design issue that needs to be changed.:dunno

This will be no different, no matter how much huff and puffing is done.

The only thing that can be done is that they fix this issue for the next release. Maybe make a TASM 2.0 or something or DX version with Peter Parker outfit.

No problem. :wink1:

Yeah I didn't think they ever did.

That's probably a lot easier to fix than the joint issue right? Since it is just hard plastic abs instead rubber abs. This seems more difficult to replace because it is a somewhat complex design issue that needs to be changed.

The only thing that can be done is that they fix this issue for the next release. Maybe make a TASM 2.0 or something or DX version with Peter Parker outfit.

Yep, to all those points Darkavatar.
And regarding the DX02, they actually sent out whole new bodies, new suit, everything except the boots, hands & heads. It must have cost them a lot of money to do it, which is why they stopped!

I think this is a like it or lump it situation. Hopefully it won't effect to many people. At least with all this hullaballoo, everyone knows about the arms now.
For that we should be thankful.

What's amusing is when someone actually comes to the thread and asks if there is anything they should know about the figure :lol

I think someone asked something like that a few pages back

I imagine everyone in the know somewhat rolling their eyes :rotfl

NOT THIS AGAIN!

it will never end

Let's see some pics!

Rory, pic - now!!

What's amusing is when someone actually comes to the thread and asks if there is anything they should know about the figure :lol

I think someone asked something like that a few pages back

I imagine everyone in the know somewhat rolling their eyes :rotfl

NOT THIS AGAIN!

it will never end

Let's see some pics!

Rory, pic - now!!

:lol
This do?

Right, trying (for the last time)again. I had a lot of PM's asking me about decals, artwork for the Parker bash skateboard.
Here is what I made up based on artwork/actual film grabs from the movie. I just retouched it and gave it the correct proportions.
You might have to re-size to whatever board you have. What I did, was take off the wheel axles, stick this on and then put the axles back on top. If you print it out on vinyl or gloss inkjet paper you can rub the edges down really well with the edge of a tool.

Yep, to all those points Darkavatar.
And regarding the DX02, they actually sent out whole new bodies, new suit, everything except the boots, hands & heads. It must have cost them a lot of money to do it, which is why they stopped!

I bet! :horror

I am still surprized they did that. I don't think they would do anything like that now.

I think this is a like it or lump it situation. Hopefully it won't effect to many people. At least with all this hullaballoo, everyone knows about the arms now.
For that we should be thankful.

Yeah I agree with both those points you made.

:lol
This do?

Right, trying (for the last time)again. I had a lot of PM's asking me about decals, artwork for the Parker bash skateboard.
Here is what I made up based on artwork/actual film grabs from the movie. I just retouched it and gave it the correct proportions.
You might have to re-size to whatever board you have. What I did, was take off the wheel axles, stick this on and then put the axles back on top. If you print it out on vinyl or gloss inkjet paper you can rub the edges down really well with the edge of a tool.

That's neat, thanks Rory! :hi5:

From the research done over in the Medi thread, I think it was Lawrence who really put his figure through the ringer, every crazy *** pose imaginable. :lol
The suit started to breakup/stress at the joints after a while.
It was pretty strong though.
I've had mine about a month now and is the one fig I pose the most often and can't stop messing with
So far so good, but, I don't keep the suit pressed for longer than a few minutes
I saw Lawrence's pics and wondered if he kept them like that for days
With that being said, I think every spidey costume has issues(sp3 suit gets transparent with dynamic poses, I think you mention that you anticipate this suit to bag up with longer, dynamic, poses)

Hope nothing happens to my medi and I'll post it if it does

I am thinking now, that I will not see this until December now. My final flex will not be charged until the 20th (Friday), and they don't work on Sat/Sun which means 23rd/24th at the earliest to ship....

[fingers crossed]Unless they start main shipping before Chrimbo then I might see if I can complete early...[/fingers crossed]

I've had mine about a month now and is the one fig I pose the most often and can't stop messing with
So far so good, but, I don't keep the suit pressed for longer than a few minutes

So are you saying in a weeks time the suit would be totally ruined if you displayed him in a dynamic pose?:horror

I saw Lawrence's pics and wondered if he kept them like that for days
With that being said, I think every spidey costume has issues(sp3 suit gets transparent with dynamic poses, I think you mention that you anticipate this suit to bag up with longer, dynamic, poses)

Hope nothing happens to my medi and I'll post it if it does

So do you know this from personal experience?

So are you saying in a weeks time the suit would be totally ruined if you displayed him in a dynamic pose?:horror

So do you know this from personal experience?
I'm saying if I kept him In a dynamic pose, which made his suit crease, and held that pose for days and or weeks, then yes, I would anticipate the permanent creases another member experienced

No, I haven't observed any of the issues I listed as I don't own any other spider figs
Only info I have obtained by visiting those specific threads(kind of like the research rory has done on the medi)

I'm saying if I kept him Ina dynamic pose, which made his suit crease, and held that pose for days and or weeks, then yes, I would anticipate the cracks another member experienced

Oh Ok was not aware another member experienced it that bad.

No, I haven't observed any of the issues I listed as I don't own any other spider figs
Only info I have obtained by visiting those specific threads(kind of like the research rory has done on the medi)

Well you are right, it does go transparent if you keep him dynamic pose. What I don't get with Hot Toys is why they have a white under suit under a black costume. They have the same thing with the DX12 its a white suit underneath the black costume. I mean can't they get the undersuit fabric in black? :confused:

Oh Ok was not aware another member experienced it that bad.

Well you are right, it does go transparent if you keep him dynamic pose. What I don't get with Hot Toys is why they have a white under suit under a black costume. They have the same thing with the DX12 its a white suit underneath the black costume. I mean can't they get the undersuit fabric in black? :confused:

I edited my post, I don't remember Lawrence getting actual cracks in the suit, I remember reading he got permanent creases in the black lines running parallel with the red on the suit
Sorry about talking medi here, I'll stop :slap

They have a black suit under the red and blue suit, which drives me crazy. Then a white suit under black Spidey....yeeeeepppp

Back