Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice pics, the open hands seems a little large, fist look perfectly sized

Yeah, I thought the open hand looked a little big too.

Nice pics everyone, I like this again lol... Seems like the po is staying!

Yes! Keep your PO! :lol

Wow!!! SUPER Nice pics! Paramoremcr88 scores AGAIN! :hi5:

:lol Many thanks again Viking!! :hi5:

Paramore, you may want to mess with the ab articulation to remove that "roll" that he currently has. Otherwise, looks amazing!

Thanks! I'll sort out the 'roll'. :)

Hrrrm, I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up, but am I the only one that is finding these poses a bit tame compared to say, the pics in the Black Spidey thread (MMS165)? All of the poses with this guy are not too far from hero poses. Really so sense of dynamism or movement that I would expect of ASM (and that's not a knock on paramoremcr88's photos -- they're great). Hope by the time they roll out the ASM2 figure that they have the articulation on par with the previous Spideys.

Hrrrm, I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up, but am I the only one that is finding these poses a bit tame compared to say, the pics in the Black Spidey thread (MMS165)? All of the poses with this guy are not too far from hero poses. Really so sense of dynamism or movement that I would expect of ASM (and that's not a knock on paramoremcr88's photos -- they're great). Hope by the time they roll out the ASM2 figure that they have the articulation on par with the previous Spideys.

Well yeah they are somewhat tame compared to the other spiderman figures but I wouldn't expect much more from folks though, I know I would rather keep the figure mint then break it for a cool pose. I get kinda a na l with my figures and if one was broken I wouldn't be happy with it.

I'm still getting this figure from sideshow so its ether going into a single figure display case and I will have fun bashing a Parker or I will just leave the figure MIB, I haven't decided which yet but concidering the situation I would not expect much in the way of cool poses to come from this figure.

Hey Rory, can I ask what jacket you are using for that custom?

Hey Rory. I'm having a heck of a time getting the lenses out. Did you kind of cut the glue seal around the edges? I just can't get them to budge and don't want to tear the mask. Any tips?

Update: got the lenses out, mask off the head blank. Now just have to figure out the best way to glue the lenses back onto the mask without getting super glue everywhere. Home stretch and it's gonna look awesome. Think I may have to start taking some quality photos with the Nikon to share with you guys.

Last edited:
Ta-da. Holy ****e that sucked. I think it came out really well though. Quite happy with the result. Still think Hot Toys should have just included it to save us the trouble.

I assume you haven't heard yet? Read back a few pages and you'll learn his shoulders are VERY fragile and can break easily while posing dynamically. Museum stance will be the safest unfortunately with this one. :(

It's really hard for me to not want to get this figure. I want it badly but the fragile shoulders is a risk and I would like Spidey to be in a more dynamic pose. The Museum poses don't do for me on this figure. Ugh. :( :gah:

here are the continuation of my custom

1415478_10151802533373528_29843533_o.jpg

1394781_10151802533393528_1316374344_n.jpg

Great pics Paramore. :D

Damn nice pics :hi5:

Many thanks guys! :hi5:

Amazing pictures paramore. I'm getting very tempted lol

Thanks. You should be tempted :lol I think it's a excellent figure!

Ta-da. Holy ****e that sucked. I think it came out really well though. Quite happy with the result. Still think Hot Toys should have just included it to save us the trouble.

Great work! :clap

I assume you haven't heard yet? Read back a few pages and you'll learn his shoulders are VERY fragile and can break easily while posing dynamically. Museum stance will be the safest unfortunately with this one. :(

:goodpost::exactly:

here are the continuation of my custom

1415478_10151802533373528_29843533_o.jpg

1394781_10151802533393528_1316374344_n.jpg

Looking great so far, look forward to seeing him finished!

Back