Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its got a sheen in someplaces and not in others so i'd say cloth

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

Love that Spider logo

Its got a sheen in someplaces and not in others so i'd say cloth

I'd say your right Nova:lecture, and I hope so too. After hearing the reports of the Medicom Spidey having limited posability due to costume material, I hope this guy doesn't suffer from the same thing, because Spidey is one figure that has to have a lot of posability to display the character in a way that captures him correctly.

Love that Spider logo
Agreed:hi5: ... Which makes me curious to see shots from behind, anybody ever see some?:dunno

Eye's aren't supposed to be silver, they're supposed to be gold. Look at the Medicom figure, it has the eyes right.
Actually the eyes on the Medicom figure aren't so gold. Even though they look that way in my sig pic. The actual colour of the eyes might be more silver than gold. I'd say more white gold, maybe not exact, but similar to the colour of this jewelery piece:

mokume-angled-wave-engagement-ring-white-gold.png

The eyes on the HT simply look too yellow, & too constant, meaning, it looks like it's going to look yellow, even under different light sources. It's one of the main things I want changed on the HT figure.

Actually the eyes on the Medicom figure aren't so gold. Even though they look that way in my sig pic. The actual colour of the eyes might be more silver than gold. I'd say more white gold, maybe not exact

In what you said there just show's how good a job Medicom did on the eyes. In different scenes in the film, it appears that the eyes change colour, similar to the colours you just mntioned. And the fact that this figures eyes changes to similar colours really is great.

It's a shame about what happened to your Spidey's suit Lawrence, I hope something works out for you.

The eyes are fenestrated silvery reflective metallic with deep blue lens holder surrounds. Pre movie release there was a lot of guessing now theres tons of HD close ups for people who for some reason couldn't figure it out while watching the movie. Also some of the hue comes from his skin and the lenses having so many openings, its no reason to make a toy look jaundice. :thwak

Damn Lawrence, I hadn't been back to that thread after I decided that the medicom was a huge piece of trash. I didn't know you had such severe problems with your medi already.

You just got this though, right? Are you going to send it back for refund? or exchange? Maybe you can keep him in a more neutral pose and won't have the costume issues this time around. Good luck with whichever route you take.

In what you said there just show's how good a job Medicom did on the eyes. In different scenes in the film, it appears that the eyes change colour, similar to the colours you just mntioned. And the fact that this figures eyes changes to similar colours really is great.

It's a shame about what happened to your Spidey's suit Lawrence, I hope something works out for you.
:exactly: & Thanks :D
its no reason to make a toy look jaundice. :thwak
:exactly:
You just got this though, right? Are you going to send it back for refund? or exchange? Maybe you can keep him in a more neutral pose and won't have the costume issues this time around. Good luck with whichever route you take.
Thanks. Yeah I've had it a little over a week, & no, I won't be looking for any compensation for the figure. It's all me :lol
Medi are not at fault.
What Snake said :D

Source?

Looks far from a cloth material to me.

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of this thread, OMG said he asked the guys at Toy Hunters and they said it was a cloth suit with the red "printed" on top of it.

Actually the eyes on the Medicom figure aren't so gold. Even though they look that way in my sig pic. The actual colour of the eyes might be more silver than gold. I'd say more white gold, maybe not exact, but similar to the colour of this jewelery piece:

mokume-angled-wave-engagement-ring-white-gold.png

The eyes on the HT simply look too yellow, & too constant, meaning, it looks like it's going to look yellow, even under different light sources. It's one of the main things I want changed on the HT figure.

Eyes look like a very light almost white gold on on your Spidey, Lawrence but still has a faint bit of yellow to them to me (of course you have it in hand though--lucky bastard :lol)

The eyes are fenestrated silvery reflective metallic with deep blue lens holder surrounds. Pre movie release there was a lot of guessing now theres tons of HD close ups for people who for some reason couldn't figure it out while watching the movie. Also some of the hue comes from his skin and the lenses having so many openings, its no reason to make a toy look jaundice. :thwak
:goodpost:
Cool thanks for the explanation. Still look more gold than silver to me though :monkey3

the eyes is a kinda light golden reflective foil with tiny punch holes effect. an a lacquer like Finnish over the lens, the medi eyes is very well done :) the coming months is going to be flooded with fig release,s, frighten to think :lol some pics here of HT,s Spidy :D
picture.php

Medi fixed their eyes pre-release, theres no reason to think that HT won't follow suit. :clap

Back