Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ do you mean the rounding at the bottom of the red?

Yes Nova, and what bothers me more is that it looked a lot better in the original teaser photo's. But it doesn't bother me enough to not get the figure. I think it looks awesome and I can't wait to get him. I love the Andrew Garfield sculpt. I see a great likeness to him in it. And I'm a fan of how the suit material looks.

Agreed! I know it is only an extra two months, but February 2013 seems so long away! :gah:

It will get pushed back as we have 5 releases scheduled in December so you can pick which one they will actually release and which ones will be pushed back. So the these delays will cascade down in to the next year

It will get pushed back as we have 5 releases scheduled in December so you can pick which one they will actually release and which ones will be pushed back. So the these delays will cascade down in to the next year

You make a great point there moose. :lecture
I just hope they decide to keep Spider-man as a february release, as unlikley as that is:monkey2

I got the Medicom this week and it is a nice figure. The only drawback for me is the lack of flexibility in posing due to the material used for the costume. The material is vinyl or pleather type which is kind of stiff and I did not want force the figure into a more extreme pose and rip the costume. The head sculpt is good as well fits seamlessly on the neck. The detail on he eyes is quite good As well. The HT figure's neck is more segmented looking due to the ability to swap for the AG unmasked head.

All in all, it's a great place holder until the HT version comes out next year.

If this looks as crappy in hand for people as Medi, then new Spidey will end up a total pass. Not a huge fan of the suit to begin with. :pfft:

I love the new suit.:lecture
Sure, the Raimi one is a timeless classic that coincides with the comics, but new movie, new suit. And I think it looked great on film.

I love the new suit.:lecture
Sure, the Raimi one is a timeless classic that coincides with the comics, but new movie, new suit. And I think it looked great on film.

Fair enough, but not different enough to be considered a blasphemy or so as to be unrecognisable as Spiderman. The essential elements remain to make it clearly (though slightly updated) Spiderman.

That's why I don't understand when people say they hate the suit..:dunno?

I think so long as non-comic book folk can look at it and say 'that's spiderman', then the suit is fine and can't have been changed that much

It's the 'purists' who seem to get bent out of shape...

What is it that you can't undertsand DGT, I prefer the actual Spiderman costume to the new one. If there was a really good depiction by a company I may put the money out, but if the HT isn't any better than the crappy medi one, its not worth it to me. I'm not a huge fan of the new movie, not enough to justify spending on a sub par suit at any rate. You call them minor changes, I call them un-needed changes. I've covered this before, theres usually a reason in movies for costume changes (subduing or making it poart of a team for example) but this was change just to be changed.

I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand. :dunno

Well the Captain America costume changed from the 90's film to the 2011 film.

The batman costume was changed from Batman and Robin to Batman Begins.

So naturally the Spidey costume should change from the 2002 film to the 2012 one :dunno

Well the Captain America costume changed from the 90's film to the 2011 film.

The batman costume was changed from Batman and Robin to Batman Begins.

So naturally the Spidey costume should change from the 2002 film to the 2012 one :dunno

Batman does upgrades to his costume in the comics, but the Batman and Robin stupid costume is a perfect example of making a stupid looking costume for no other reason than the director being piss poor at his job. The BB version makes sense due to the slant of it being armor rather than just a costume that the director took.

Also, the Avengers Cap "upgrade" costume sucked. The point remains, there was nothing in the movie to neccessitate the change except the narcissism of the director. Spiderman is a beloved and popular character, if he were going for armor (iron spider) or the symbiotes nature (dark) theres a logical need for change. The changes in ASM big or small are just stupid.

Back