Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing them in different poses in different settings by different photographers gives a more definitive overall picture of the figure than a handful of pics in the same pose in the same location by the same photographer.

The latter can be in a bad pose, bad lighting and taken with a bad camera so it'd look terrible in all pics, but taken with a better camera, in various poses and locations will show more of a complete view.

I think those pics are bad but that's to do with the camera, lighting and figure not just the figure. More pics will elimate the first two concerns and leave just the figure for examination.

Seeing them in different poses in different settings by different photographers gives a more definitive overall picture of the figure than a handful of pics in the same pose in the same location by the same photographer.

The latter can be in a bad pose, bad lighting and taken with a bad camera so it'd look terrible in all pics, but taken with a better camera, in various poses and locations will show more of a complete view.

I think those pics are bad but that's to do with the camera, lighting and figure not just the figure. More pics will elimate the first two concerns and leave just the figure for examination.

Has a HT final product ever differed that much from the prototype before?

Hurry up and fix the waist line and I'm in with PO :wink1:

I don't know after waiting quite a while being hopeful and after looking at side profiles I canceled. Just let down with this figure's overall appearance. Maybe next time they will give me a wow effect.

Hurry up and fix the waist line and I'm in with PO :wink1:

I'm with you there bud. :duff

I don't know after waiting quite a while being hopeful and after looking at side profiles I canceled. Just let down with this figure's overall appearance. Maybe next time they will give me a wow effect.

I quite like the overall apperance. The waistline is my main concern, and the eye's to an extent, but we are getting a great Andrew Garfield sculpt and great suit (bar waistline) made from great material. And in some photo's, the eye's don't look half bad.
Fair enough the official specs and pics looked bad, but in recent photo's (STGCC) it looks to me like there have been vast improvements.
I can't wait to have this guy arrive at my doorstep.:lecture

So stuck on wether to get this spidey or the S3. I like the slim design but the eye's are putting me off. Anyone thinking on modding them?

Also the S3 spidey comes with a cool base. Decisions....

So stuck on wether to get this spidey or the S3. I like the slim design but the eye's are putting me off. Anyone thinking on modding them?

Also the S3 spidey comes with a cool base. Decisions....

I think you need to ask yourself a few questions pal :lecture

What do you like more? Spider-man 3 or The Amazing Spider-Man?
Who do you like more? Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield?
They are about the same price(give or take a few $), So which one do you think is better value for money?
And finally, and most important, which one do you prefer more?

I know for me, The Amazing Spider-man is sitting right there on top of my list (along with HT Lt. Jim Gordon).:lecture

Best of luck with your decision. :hi5:

Since Batman is being released early, is there any chance of this guy being released early? Or actually being released in February?
I really hope this guy isn't gonna get pushed back.:pray:

Since Batman is being released early, is there any chance of this guy being released early? Or actually being released in February?
I really hope this guy isn't gonna get pushed back.:pray:

He was pushed back because of Batman lol

Back