Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still not screen accurate. Those are doctored marketing photos. Go see the film. The reason this is happening is because yellow is part of the official color guide which all products must adhere to. It's okay for a toy, but not for a $200 figure. I would buy it if the lenses were correct. But I'm sure as h*ll not going to blow $200 on something I have to customize to make right. That's insane. If Hot Toys wants the sells, they'll need to ask Sony who holds the license to loosen up a little and let them have preference above the color guide. Right now he looks like an Ultraman reject with those lenses.

Ultraman.jpg

Last edited:
It's still not screen accurate. Those are doctored marketing photos. Go see the film. The reason this is happening is because yellow is part of the official color guide which all products must adhere to. It's okay for a toy, but not for a $200 figure. I would buy it if the lenses were correct. But I'm sure as h*ll not going to blow $200 on something I have to customize to make right. That's insane. If Hot Toys wants the sells, they'll need to ask Sony who holds the license to loosen up a little and let them have preference above the color guide. Right now he looks like an Ultraman reject with those lenses.

Ultraman.jpg

Dude, it´s fair more honest to admit you don´t have the money for this, using the excuse that you don´t buy this for the lenses colors doesn´t make any sense, specially since hte lenses WERE yellow in the movie.

And, for your informatio, this is a toy. A expensive one, but still a toy.

I'll be waiting for amazing spiderman 2 or 3 dx version ..When they change the costume a bit ..get rid of racing stripe on pants better looking boots ,change lenses to silver include a cool base a xtra hs and removable or xtra mask for him......and backpack with street clothes ,camera........

so you'd prefer the neck like this instead? :dunno

25058-header%20spidey.jpg

no he's saying he wanted a one piece suit like the first spider-man release. Which is the most inferior release of the two spider-man figures we have so far because of the one piece suit, hot toys is doing nothing but making the figure that much better by making the head neck and body three different pieces.

Dude, it´s fair more honest to admit you don´t have the money for this, using the excuse that you don´t buy this for the lenses colors doesn´t make any sense, specially since hte lenses WERE yellow in the movie.

Sadly for me, I am in a position where I have to pick and choose as I am on a rather limited budget. I will get this but not just yet, I am going to bank on the now usual willnotselloutforagesness that comes built into Hot Toys figures these days (yes, I made that up:dunno) and pick it up later on.

I still have to find space for my R/B and Black-Suit Spideys (Spidies?), what with Hawkeye and Medicom's Darth Maul both arriving next month too (never hurts to be optimistic) I am pushed for space as well!

I have to put this bad boy off until I clear some of my AVENGERS Flexs. Oh the sheer joy and excitement of such luxury worries :yess: :rotfl!

The only thing I want with the neck piece is I hope it turns out like this prototype image with the neck seem at the bottom facing up and not like the new shots where the clothing neck seem is tucked down at the base of the neck.

The lenses were a goldy yellow colour through out The Amazing Spider-Man they showed at my local cinema. I have no idea what movie you seen Collector.

no he's saying he wanted a one piece suit like the first spider-man release. Which is the most inferior release of the two spider-man figures we have so far because of the one piece suit, hot toys is doing nothing but making the figure that much better by making the head neck and body three different pieces.
gotcha but the 3 pieces is the best method for this one. HT did it right with this one IMO.

The only thing I want with the neck piece is I hope it turns out like this prototype image with the neck seem at the bottom facing up and not like the new shots where the clothing neck seem is tucked down at the base of the neck.

I'm pretty sure the bottem of the neck will be fine. probably will just need some tweazers to pull the fabric up whenver you swap heads

The lenses where a goldy yellow colour through out The Amazing Spider-Man they showed at my local cinema. I have no idea what movie you seen Collector.
:lecture :exactly:

I am considering this, but funds are very tight. I may put this on my Christmas list!

With your grammar, I'm surprised your employed. No... I can afford these "toys". But I like value for my dollar. I have an expectation for a $200 "toy". Sorry if you can't accept that reasoning.:slap

I looked back and didn't see these posted.

563904_364836186922704_1085576666_n.jpg

376200_364836223589367_271822320_n.jpg

483285_364836246922698_1849444861_n.jpg

Everyone needs to get their underoos out of a wad. There is no way the production piece with have the neck look that bad at the base. These pics were obviously over lit and rushed of the prototype. You can see the white from chipping on the hands.

No production figure even looks good overexposed or in flash photography. I'm sure there will be some sort of hem running along the neck opening.

Also nice to see they used a gel screenprint over a fabric suit. Hope this follows into production as it will hold up a lot better than a rubber suit!

Loved the movie - this is now the definitive Spidey for my film character collection. :lecture

* that's...you're, actually...a contraction of the words 'you' and 'are'

Pot, kettle, black :slap

Fragmented sentences abound! :nana: Bottom line: That was offered to another individual for his juvenile comment over a simple difference of opinion. Then you had to join in and take it to another level. Do we need to continue or do you not understand the point of that original entry? If I can't afford it, I'll be happy to say so. Actually it would have made for a much better correction to have said I couldn't. In this economy, if your not going broke and out of a job, your one call away from it. This person acts like someone who doesn't work for a living. Because if he did, he would know better than to challenge anyone on the merits of their financial stability to buy "toys". It was an utterly ignorant statement to make over a simple discussion about the features of a toy. And as many friends as I know who ARE out of work and suffering, that was the wrong thing to say, since it didn't belong in this discussion. Hot Toys are a luxury in so many ways. And I won't remotely discuss this hobby of mine with folks who are hurting like that. It would be the ultimate slap in the face. So as I was saying... The eyes don't remind me of any moment I saw in this film. Once again, this is just the license color guide Hot Toys must abide by, unfortunately.

Everyone needs to get their underoos out of a wad. There is no way the production piece with have the neck look that bad at the base. These pics were obviously over lit and rushed of the prototype. You can see the white from chipping on the hands.

No production figure even looks good overexposed or in flash photography. I'm sure there will be some sort of hem running along the neck opening.

Also nice to see they used a gel screenprint over a fabric suit. Hope this follows into production as it will hold up a lot better than a rubber suit!

Loved the movie - this is now the definitive Spidey for my film character collection. :lecture

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Fragmented sentences abound! :nana: Bottom line: That was offered to another individual for his juvenile comment over a simple difference of opinion. Then you had to join in and take it to another level. Do we need to continue or do you not understand the point of that original entry? If I can't afford it, I'll be happy to say so. Actually it would have made for a much better correction to have said I couldn't. In this economy, if your not going broke and out of a job, your one call away from it. This person acts like someone who doesn't work for a living. Because if he did, he would know better than to challenge anyone on the merits of their financial stability to buy "toys". It was an utterly ignorant statement to make over a simple discussion about the features of a toy. And as many friends as I know who ARE out of work and suffering, that was the wrong thing to say, since it didn't belong in this discussion. Hot Toys are a luxury in so many ways. And I won't remotely discuss this hobby of mine with folks who are hurting like that. It would be the ultimate slap in the face. So as I was saying... The eyes don't remind me of any moment I saw in this film. Once again, this is just the license color guide Hot Toys must abide by, unfortunately.

You can afford it and I am very happy (and a bit jealous) of you because plain and simple...I cannot at the moment.

But does that really give you the right to cast a really nasty slur on someone? I think not.

And when the shoe was on the other foot, you did not like it....did you?

well said :goodpost:

Man, everytime a pic gets posted from that site, everyone goes crazy but they have the worst photographer cause their pics are always washed out.
Here's a quick 10 sec tweak of the same pic and you can see a big difference on how the figure will look.
I still wish the eyes are reflective like a mirror.

newspideyB.jpg
newspidey-1.jpg

Back