Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow sent me one of these as a free gift with my Mos Supes figure :lol

i would take a delayed delivery for a free spidey

hot toys is just now sending my broken spidey back, they received it dec 18th
a couple of days ago, I asked them when they will send another, they said that they were still working on it, so I asked them to just send my broken on back
they replied within an hour, saying they have the replacement and sent it out

Hey guys. First post here. I have a question regarding his suit. How durable is it? Is it pretty much like the Spider-Man 3 figure? Mainly fabric spandex with tpu/rubber printed on it? Or is the suit made entirely from rubber? I'm just worried about permanent stretch marks/wrinkles if I keep him in an action pose

My tobey spidey doesn't have any suit issues.

Hey all, just received my Amazing Spiderman today, and overall it's pretty good! One thing that is bothering me is that the back is not symmetrical. Here's a pic showing what I mean.

Is this worthy of asking for a replacement, or should I just deal with it? I tried pushing the suit around and the way the head piece clicks in, but nothing I do makes the head piece more in the centre........

It's on the back, which wont really show for the most part in my display, but it's something that bothers my OCD side!

Also in my pic above, I just noticed that the centre point on the neck piece extends down past the edge of the round blue part at the top of the shoulder blades. But in the first few blogger photos, the neck piece doesnt cross into the blue area!! Is that an issue too!!

Hey guys. First post here. I have a question regarding his suit. How durable is it? Is it pretty much like the Spider-Man 3 figure? Mainly fabric spandex with tpu/rubber printed on it? Or is the suit made entirely from rubber? I'm just worried about permanent stretch marks/wrinkles if I keep him in an action pose

My tobey spidey doesn't have any suit issues.

Welcome to the forum. :wave This figure is pretty cool but like with all HT items of late, I wouldn't overly push its limits. I personally have had no problems but other members here have. Just FYI.

:welcome

How easy is it to get a return/exchange on this figure?

I recently got my figure in (yesterday actually) and by watching several video reviews before purchasing this figure and hearing people like SeanLong and Optibotimus say sideshow now longer should have the defective runs of this figure, imagine my surprise when I get one that has the defective shoulders that can't go past 80°

Now I haven't even taken this thing out of the clamshell it came in, only the instructions to see if I got what version of the figure.
Anyone been having this issue from sideshow?
How easy are sideshow to work with on this issue (from experience please)?

How easy is it to get a return/exchange on this figure?

I recently got my figure in (yesterday actually) and by watching several video reviews before purchasing this figure and hearing people like SeanLong and Optibotimus say sideshow now longer should have the defective runs of this figure, imagine my surprise when I get one that has the defective shoulders that can't go past 80°

Now I haven't even taken this thing out of the clamshell it came in, only the instructions to see if I got what version of the figure.
Anyone been having this issue from sideshow?
How easy are sideshow to work with on this issue (from experience please)?

I'm pretty sure almost every single one from sideshow came with the shoulder instructions, including mine. No issues.

I just received my figure today, and posted the pics above. See how in the pic I posted the left shoulder looks weird? I've just realised that's because it's bloody broken!!!! Here's my quick vid showing the issue.

I got this from the official distributor here in Australia, and I've messaged them asking for a replacement.

I'm pretty sure almost every single one from sideshow came with the shoulder instructions, including mine. No issues.

Ive already messaged sideshow this morning because I really dont want to risk breaking the damn thing and then I cant return or exchange it for whatever odd reason. I work retail management so ive seen the dark side of customer service first hand.( not saying sideshow would screw over anyone but I hear bad things from HT customer service)
I'd tempt it but im not sold on doing so after seeing so many horror vids online.
Smh
so disappointed...and just plain scared
thats good you havent had any issues
how loose/tight were the joints? Usually with tight joints you can warm them up and they'll loosen but with the suit I dont want to tempt that either.
any suggestions?

The joints on mine were neither loose or too tight. They hold perfectly fine, granted I don't pose the hell out of it, but even if I did, I don't think there would be any problems. I guess I can't really speak for everyone who got theirs from SS, and they probably won't do anything unless something actually breaks. So you might as well just take it out of the box and mess around with it.

I wouldn't pose the hell out of it, but I do feel like I'd want to at least get a good web swinging transition pose out of him like I did my marvel select figure.
ill work with it. Worst case is it breaks and I gotta go through hot toys or sideshow.
I usually pose my figures in a standard static pose but with this one and say wolverine, you want those iconic poses to pull off and nail them, you know?

I just received my figure today, and posted the pics above. See how in the pic I posted the left shoulder looks weird? I've just realised that's because it's bloody broken!!!! Here's my quick vid showing the issue.

I got this from the official distributor here in Australia, and I've messaged them asking for a replacement.

Good luck on getting the replacement.

Good luck on getting the replacement.

I second that. From what ive read its a pain in the *** to get hot toys to fix their stuff

Although I did take mine out of the box and without pushing it too much it seems to be ok....just not willing to push them shoulder joints to the max. I did get a few good poses. Now im just waiting on my dynamic stand to really have some fun!

Damn thats ****ing awesome!
Lucky!!! Congrats!!! :rock

Thanks guys! :hi5:

i would take a delayed delivery for a free spidey

hot toys is just now sending my broken spidey back, they received it dec 18th
a couple of days ago, I asked them when they will send another, they said that they were still working on it, so I asked them to just send my broken on back
they replied within an hour, saying they have the replacement and sent it out

Best of luck getting your Spidey, for the price of these collectibles it would be nice to always get a minty one the first time but that is life I suppose.

We're not friends anymore. Lucky :lol How does that free gift stuff work anyway?

:lol I'm not sure if there's an exact science to it, Sideshow works in mysterious ways!

Processing for Supes was on Jan 14, and they usually ship 24-48 hours later. Anyhoo, mine got delayed for 3 weeks so after calling to see what was up their CS was kind enough to call the warehouse and get it shipped out that day.

CS stated they were including a gift for the inconvenience which I thanked them for. I was expecting a calendar or care kit but was pretty blown away when I got a processing email for both my Supes figure as well as the Amazing Spider Man with a $0.00 price tag. :)

Now I have to go back and watch the how-to videos so I don't break mine :slap

Back