Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All those fig that got fixed/tweaked u guys listed got me excited for thor again :D

Thanks for the examples folks... I may pull the trigger on Thor if there's a good chance I'll get something more like Hemsworth and less like Dicaprio with the final release.

They tried improving Indy DX and Alice. I think there have been more, but I can't remember right now due to my impaired state of mind. (been THUNDERING up)

Sorry to burst that bubble, but they'll be known as the Thunder Down Under once they face San Antonio.

i hated the first figure looked very toyish and chris whats his name has the chimp thing going on.....this second version looks more like i would expect thor to look,change it at your peril ht

i hated the first figure looked very toyish and chris whats his name has the chimp thing going on.....this second version looks more like i would expect thor to look,change it at your peril ht

Depends on the photo. This doesn't look toyish to me:

244270_168244836570848_138228759572456_436084_2975281_o.jpg

ba2dc7bf.jpg

I saw this on FB and noticed that this is almost the exact look of the Thor HT. It still doesn't look spot on, but I must admit, it does look a bot more accurate seeing the same expression on both the HT and the actor. Of course, this is just my opinion. Iuse to think the eyes were off the most. This shows the width of the nose the biggest difference.

163387_10151116385639606_800954605_13214759_2067427346_n.jpg
thumbnail.aspx

That does make it appear closer to Hemsworth's face. But if I have to convince myself it looks like him...it really doesn't look like him (e.g. if you have to explain the joke, then there is no joke).

I feel comfortable waiting for the Thor 2 figure.

ba2dc7bf.jpg

thor.jpg

Great attempt to reproduce the film poster there by OMG! I have this figure (with the V2 on PO) and I can tel you that inhand it is a very fine figure, but especially like this, it definitely does not look like a toy in anyway. As others have said, it's all in the lighting and pose.

Just look at some of Maglor's pictures and poses (and many others actually) over in the Reeve/SUPERMAN and BATMAN '89 threads. Karnis' "Wait 'til they get a load of me" picture is legitimately scary!

I never realized how under-sized his hammer looks compared to the poster until I saw those pics.

I saw this on FB and noticed that this is almost the exact look of the Thor HT. It still doesn't look spot on, but I must admit, it does look a bot more accurate seeing the same expression on both the HT and the actor. Of course, this is just my opinion. Iuse to think the eyes were off the most. This shows the width of the nose the biggest difference.

163387_10151116385639606_800954605_13214759_2067427346_n.jpg
thumbnail.aspx

Still looks like DiCaprio. :monkey4

Ah, that would make more sense. I always thought it looked right from when I think back to it in the movies.

. . .

and comparison

ht_thor_ave_mod_byriddick2.jpg

Forgive me, I'm new at this.

I really like the first one here over the "modification".

Can somebody explain to me what this is? Was the original face intended, and now the modification is an updated face?

So that when i order this figure... i can no longer get the original face ?

Its just a photoshop of the hs with the first version of thor, the one we will get will be on the left side maybe tweaked slightly

anyone tried swapping the noland truetype body on thor? do you guys think it would make a difference?

Last edited:
Its just a photoshop of the hs with the first version of thor, the one we will get will be on the left side maybe tweaked slightly

Ah, ok thanks for responding. I was confused. Don't own any hot toys yet, but i think i am going to go after the avengers line.

Ah, ok thanks for responding. I was confused. Don't own any hot toys yet, but i think i am going to go after the avengers line.

People seem to want a Thor who looks more like a painting of Jesus than a Norse God with a temper. It isn't a perfect sculpt by any means but I agree I like the expression better than the one he looks like he is trying to remember if he paid his phone bill.

ht_thor_ave_mod_byriddick2.jpg

Forgive me, I'm new at this.

I really like the first one here over the "modification".

Can somebody explain to me what this is? Was the original face intended, and now the modification is an updated face?

So that when i order this figure... i can no longer get the original face ?

Have to second this.... I dont see how the face on the right is superior to the one on the left, to the contrary.

Back