Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo taken from window display looks even more like Dicaprio
540393_304712542936619_100001936270990_706874_875331072_n.jpg

Hey you could use the headsculpt for a Gangs of New York custom

Leonardo comparisons aside, that is a nice shot right there. Looks huge. :yess:

could someone put a comparison picture of the current Thor and this one next to each please?

Its the eyebrows and the expression same with captains america with the mouth they are trying to move away from the basic emotionless looks but its a hit an miss.

You should be; to my recollection the only prototype headsculpt that improved for the better in the actual release last year was Superman; so that's what, one in 25 figures?. Every Avengers figure they've shown so far needs some serious help in the headsculpt department apart from Hawkeye; you think they're going to redo all of them?
Yeah, HT tweaks sculpts only intermittently. This isn't something that happens with most figures. If ever there was a figure that warranted that, it was the Indy DX figure, but they just let it ride despite there being a looong time between solicitation and release.

You'd think HT learned their lesson after the Indy fiasco. Oh wait, that's right, every ****** on this board purchased their Indy because it was the best thing ever.:gah: No wonder HT has been getting away with this subpar quality lately. It's because enablers like you guys, especially that Karamzov guy.:lecture

You'd think HT learned their lesson after the Indy fiasco. Oh wait, that's right, every ****** on this board purchased their Indy because it was the best thing ever.:gah: No wonder HT has been getting away with this subpar quality lately. It's because enablers like you guys, especially that Karamzov guy.:lecture
LOL. Well, I got an Indy (actually, 3 at this point :horror ) because it was better than anything else out there, and is great for 'bashing other, better figures :D

Same with Thor. I'm gonna buy him and switch out the head sculpts. I guess it would be nice to take an principled stance against buying sub-par HT figures, but they almost always do something extremely well that you can't get anywhere else. So. . .until/unless Enterbay or someone else starts picking up these licenses, I'm gonna keep buying HT despite their flaws.

Going to wait for in hand photos before I decide whether or not to buy him. I was really hoping they were going to knock this one outta the ball park since Thor is my favorite Avenger.

Sculpt isn't perfect but then again HT doesn't always nail those (see Indy which I own by the way) but the figure itself looks freaking cool. Its another well done Thor and a must for my collection and I'm thankful they didn't go the Triple H route.

Sculpt isn't perfect but then again HT doesn't always nail those (see Indy which I own by the way) but the figure itself looks freaking cool. Its another well done Thor and a must for my collection and I'm thankful they didn't go the Triple H route.
I wonder if you can't just take off the rubber chainmail sleeved shirt to get that look. Hopefully you can, considering that there is a high probability the thing will deteriorate and tear sooner or later.

Body/Proportions: A
Costume: A
Accessories: A
Hair Sculpt: A
Facial Likeness: B-

This is definitely a huge improvement from version 1. However, there is something slightly off with his likeness. His face kinda looks like Leo DiCaprio in some of those shots. :lol

I will finally own my first HT Thor figure now. :clap

Back