Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at all you, standing up for HT and blaming the person setting them up. Its their fault! Its ONLY speculation that this was set up poorly not certain, nobody can say for sure. What if this figure IS that bad???

Last edited:
doesn't look bad in the teaser pics. i guess we can all say it's the poor setup as you see the trending in other figs with how they were displayed

Look at all you, standing up for HT and blaming the person setting them up. Its their fault! Its ONLY speculation that this was set up poorly not certain, nobody can say for sure. What if this figure IS that bad???

I'm not saying that HT is totally without blame. They certainly should hold some culpability, its their display after all. But it does ultimately boil down to who is there setting them up on the actual day.

I don't, for one second, think that the fault is with the figure on this occasion. I just call up my order and look at these, remember these..?

Thor Gallery Photos at SSC.

The figure here is in an almost identical pose to that of the one at the SDCC. It's the set up, plain and simple. This is the figure I have pre-ordered. It's the one I am expecting to get.

And besides which, and on more general terms...how many figures have you had that ever needed ZERO 'futzing'? Even if it's a tweak here and a tweak there, everyone of them will need something done to it to get it it just 'so'. If you don't believe me, hop on over to the HT 1989 BATMAN DX figure thread. The amount of work the cape needs doing to it is astronomical, even down to some truly brave (ie braver than me!) souls removing the 'silk' liner on the underside of the cape to make it lay properly!! And he is generally now regarded as one the the best ever HT figures.

I think we need to wake up, be a shade more realistic and realise the limitations imposed on fabrics and other materials when trying to do something at a 6th of the usual size.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that HT is totally without blame. They certainly should hold some culpability, its their display after all. But it does ultimately boil down to who is there setting them up on the actual day.

I don't, for one second, think that the fault is with the figure on this occasion. I just call up my order and look at these, remember these..?

Thor Gallery Photos at SSC.

The figure here is in an almost identical pose to that of the one at the SDCC. It's the set up, plain and simple. This is the figure I have pre-ordered. It's the one I am expecting to get.

And besides which, and on more general terms...how many figures have you had that ever needed ZERO 'futzing'? Even if it's a tweak here and a tweak there, everyone of them will need something done to it to get it it just 'so'. If you don't believe me, hop on over to the HT 1989 BATMAN DX figure thread. The amount of work the cape needs doing to it is astronomical, even down to some truly brave (ie braver than me!) souls removing the 'silk' liner on the underside of the cape to make it lay properly!! And he is generally now regarded as one the the best ever HT figures.

I think we need to wake up, be a shade more realistic and realise the limitations imposed on fabrics and other materials when trying to do something at a 6th of the usual size.

Got that right; i only got an acceptable "pose" for the cape after an hour or two of futzing, even with references to other members' pictures.

IMG_6610.JPG
P5WlqTGurGw4IKOi8xOaQ.jpg

try to compare these two pics of the sleeves here (just a reminder; the one below is the initial sculpt)

This last pic looks good. I like the proportions of the arms better than the first release. I still like my first one though. View attachment 48937

^ I agree.

It's one of the reasons why I'm passing on this new version. Having said that I agree with the people who think the figure doesn't look as great as a result of whoever posed them.

I think that other figures like The Amazing Spider-man primarily sufferred from bad posing!

Because for it to be this bad, HT would have had to create an all-new set of absolutely horrid arms - just for this figure. I have a hard time they would go to the trouble of doing that. It would serve no logical purpose for them to sculpt a new set of deformed arms, think about it.

This is what we will end up getting, arms-wise [I am aware this is the old head sculpt]:

P5WlqTGurGw4IKOi8xOaQ.jpg

....and if it isn't, I will return the figure.

But he'll be ok, I do believe it. With that said, whoever posed that figure at Comic Con deserves to work a bunch of forced overtime with no pay, for at least a week.

DGTW: I think we need to wake up, be a shade more realistic and realise the limitations imposed on fabrics and other materials when trying to do something at a 6th of the usual size.

Good post.

Last edited:
The proportions are still ____ed up. His arms are wayy too massive and his head is tiny. Doesn't look natural at all. Doesn't look like Hemsworth as Thor.

Haha are you trying to slip a picture of yourself in there or something DGT? Just kidding, he does have a ridiculously long neck

The only thing HT needs to fix now is the horrible shoulder and gauntlet sizes. The rest of arm is fine, it's just the the huge shoulder and gauntlet size's that makes them look too big, also that bulge in the shoulders needs to go. And I'm not talking about the pics from SDCC, whoever posed some of the figures there needs a slap(and HT for letting them).

Those are the only problems I have now with the figure now since HT showed the great updated head sculpt.

Last edited:
Back