Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, HT should something to those sleeves, this figure makes me have a lot of feelings everytime I look at it, it's like a love-hatred feeling, that's not ok when you have PO it

But do you think its just the posing? I don't know that Id want to have this figure even if in some poses it looked like this lol Id rather they just fix it doesn't even look like a normal figure body under it weird

Yes I do think its just the posing.

I think that because they would have to create an entirely new body with deformed arms, for this to be an anatomical issue. I doubt they did that, so my guess is that the tunic is not fastened in the back.

As I say that I admit that I have a feeling of unease, looking at the pix. Thats not logical since I know the arms are not really shaped like that, but this issue is taking away the delight I should be feeling when looking at this amazing sculpt.

I agree that the sleeves are very distracting from the wonderful sculpt. I think all of our worries will go away once the figure is in hand!

I agree that the sleeves are very distracting from the wonderful sculpt. I think all of our worries will go away once the figure is in hand!

I hope so! because I'm trying to idealize a diorama for both brothers fighting each other and it will be very, very disappointing if I cannot get a cool pose for Thor because of those sleeves.

I hope so! because I'm trying to idealize a diorama for both brothers fighting each other and it will be very, very disappointing if I cannot get a cool pose for Thor because of those sleeves.

Haha might as well use an old HeMan figure then, nah I do think they will have it straightened out or.....Im simply returning the figure

The problem with this figure is the long sculpted hair gets in the way of the chest armor/ cape...the hair needs room to exist and it elongates the neck/ pushes the shoulders down. IMO haha

IMG_6610.JPG

Are you ____ing kidding me?

HT the proportions, LOOK AT THEM! Holy sheet... sure the arm sleeves are futzed bad, but the arms are still awful and his head size is laughable.

Their first skinny Thor looked MUCH more natural.

Like I was saying earlier, this kind of thing happens all the time at these shows. They send in some guy who has no idea how to pose or assemble the product, with the results we see here. Poor Iron Man has it even worse.

I used to collect Transformers. There were some legendary mis-transformations at shows and conventions that made some figure look terrible. It really is amazing that they won't spend a few extra bucks to send someone who knows what the hell is going on.

I'm have this one on preorder but if he really does have a funky body then he is always going to be posed behind someone else. lol. This could be an optical illusion though.

I think they made him taller by lengthening the neck. The long hair is sort of hiding it's "giraffe-ness".

IMG_6610.JPG

Are you ____ing kidding me?

HT the proportions, LOOK AT THEM! Holy sheet... sure the arm sleeves are futzed bad, but the arms are still awful and his head size is laughable.

Their first skinny Thor looked MUCH more natural.

Head doesn't look like it's on the neck properly here, like it could be pushed down further...

This is a great figure and looks awesome when put together right, some people who were at SDCC must be thinking HT arent very good and are overpriced with some of the posing and assembly of their figures there. Wasn't great PR for HT, but at least Loki, Cap and Hawkeye were looking amazing in the Avengers case

This is a great figure and looks awesome when put together right, some people who were at SDCC must be thinking HT arent very good and are overpriced with some of the posing and assembly of their figures there. Wasn't great PR for HT, but at least Loki, Cap and Hawkeye were looking amazing in the Avengers case

It's sad because they don't realize their lack of effort to put up a decent display can cause them to loose money this way, I've heard some people who actually decided to cancel certain HT figures after seeing what was shown at SDCC, they weren't just bluffing or whining either, they were genuinely disappointed at what they saw. Honestly I think if HT would have spent 10 secs to set up each figure properly it would have given a completely different reaction.

It's like what you said, it wasn't great PR for HT at all.. It's like HT didn't give a ____, they just flew in some random Aunt or Uncle from Hong Kong who have no clue what's going on, instruct them to open the luggage and put these "items" on their display table, then come fly right back so they don't miss dinner at 9.

Zero Effort.

-

Last edited:
Sure looks that way. I wouldn't say "zero effort", but they really should have planned this or give themselves more time to prep and set.

Their display really does look like they could care less.

It's OK because most of us here are still buying anyway. :lol

It's sad because they don't realize their lack of effort to put up a decent display can cause them to loose money this way, I've heard some people who actually decided to cancel certain HT figures after seeing what was shown at SDCC, they weren't just bluffing or whining either, they were genuinely disappointed at what they saw. Honestly I think if HT would have spent 10 secs to set up each figure properly it would have given a completely different reaction.

It's like what you said, it wasn't great PR for HT at all.. It's like HT didn't give a ____, they just flew in some random Aunt or Uncle from Hong Kong who have no clue what's going on, instruct them to open the luggage and put these "items" on their display table, then come fly right back so they don't miss dinner at 9.

Zero Effort.

-

:clap:goodpost::exactly:

iirc there was a linear comparison pic posted here before that showed how the proportions arent really bad :D

EDIT: found it!

This is hardly a fair and accurate comparison, but it gives us an idea. The proportions aren't that inaccurate really.

thorcomparison.jpg

I made it a touch shorter as Hemsworth is stepping forward in the photo.

Back