Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but they used to be around $150 or less... the norm is slowly creeping up to $200. The head sculpts needs to improve if the pricing keeps going up.

I think it's more of a general case of the price keeps on going up regardless of QC or whether the figure is accurate or not.

Honestly how many hot toys figures have good headsculpts?maybe 3 or 4.they miss the mark more often than they hit it.usually there heads kind of look like the character and have nice paint apps.whiplash,thor,ledger joker,t800,rdj iron man,abigail whistler,sarah conner,v1 batman bale head,beserker predator,hans landa,and captain america to name a few.all of them are decent and I own and love them all but there is a lot of room for improvemeant on all of them.

Good post! So true, I do wish HT would improve on this head sculpt but looking back on the others, Indiana Jones is plain awful, the first Thor in my opinion looks bad, don't really think CA looks close to Evans either, I don't know its good complain so they improve, like one would expect like with any company. I never bought the first Thor so Im going to buy this one because he is my favorite character and way before Hemsworth Thor. Im sure they will release a sleeveless version everyone is after with another attempt at a head, doesn't mean its going to get a better response than this either.

Honestly how many hot toys figures have good headsculpts?maybe 3 or 4.they miss the mark more often than they hit it.usually there heads kind of look like the character and have nice paint apps.whiplash,thor,ledger joker,t800,rdj iron man,abigail whistler,sarah conner,v1 batman bale head,beserker predator,hans landa,and captain america to name a few.all of them are decent and I own and love them all but there is a lot of room for improvemeant on all of them.

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly::clap:clap

That exactly how I feel. I own all those pictured in my signature and I love every one of them.

I just get the feeling you haven't seen many but without getting this thread totally off topic I'd say just go through SS site. There are numerous statues and PF's that look really good.

That's exactly what I have been doing, also checking out photos and video reviews.

Oh btw, only because I don't see any likeness in the PF human headsculpts doesn't mean I think all Hot Toys figures are perfect.

That's exactly what I have been doing, also checking out photos and video reviews.

Oh btw, only because I don't see any likeness in the PF human headsculpts doesn't mean I think all Hot Toys figures are perfect.

Looking at your signature OMG Star Trek figures would be the best from HT! Could it ever happen?

Then I don't know what to tell ya. :dunno

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. People see things differently. Just because people dont see the likeness in certain sculpts doesnt mean others dont. And vice versa. Calling people names for disagreeing with ones opinions are childish and lame.

Last edited:
Yeah but they used to be around $150 or less... the norm is slowly creeping up to $200. The head sculpts needs to improve if the pricing keeps going up.

Creeping? We're there already! After the avengers I think we'll start to see $220 as the new norm... remember HT prices inflate 10% a year.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. People see things differently. Just because people dont see the likeness in certain sculpts doesnt mean others dont. And vice versa. Calling people names for disagreeing with ones opinions are childish and lame.

lol, this coming from the guy calling people names that were waiting on MGS?:rotfl

lol, this coming from the guy calling people names that were waiting on MGS?:rotfl

Caught me on a bad day. ;) But really, listening to that amount of crying over "wheres MGS blah blah" here and over at facebook was more than enough to irritate a lot of people. Not just me.

I dont remember you being this annoying on spawn.com.

I think Sideshow really need to sort out the sloppy paint work. I have been saying this since the Indy PF, and seems things have only got worse on some of the releases. look how good it looks before they mess it up.
4-28-20114-57-49PM.jpg

Great sculpt, great outfit just runied by a poor paint job, such a shame. However when the repaints come out you will see how great this PF should be, but people really should not have to get it repainted in the first place.

Looking at your signature OMG Star Trek figures would be the best from HT! Could it ever happen?

I wish, for now the best chance I have of getting some Star Trek figures are from WGP making them all, check out their thread in the customs thread.

Then I don't know what to tell ya. :dunno

I have seen a few PF's headsculpts that looks ok, mainly robots, monsters, and nonhumans, but nothing as good as some of the best Hot Toys headsculpts, IMO.

I like the Hellboy PF based on the promo pics, haven't seen it up-close though, but from far away most PF's looks ok, then another story up-close.

The paint is the biggest issue I have with the PF's, but the form is also off on many of them. They just look cheap and cartoonish to me. It's not enough for me that the sculpt unpainted might be good, but the final product altogether must be.

The PF's obviously sell well so that means that many people like them. In the end it's just personal preference and taste that matters.

I have seen a few PF's headsculpts that looks ok, mainly robots, monsters, and nonhumans, but nothing as good as some of the best Hot Toys headsculpts, IMO.

I like the Hellboy PF based on the promo pics, haven't seen it up-close though, but from far away most PF's looks ok, then another story up-close.

The paint is the biggest issue I have with the PF's, but the form is also off on many of them. They just look cheap and cartoonish to me. It's not enough for me that the sculpt unpainted might be good, but the final product altogether must be.

The PF's obviously sell well so that means that many people like them. In the end it's just personal preference and taste that matters.

Like I said I don't know what to tell ya and I really don't want to drag this topic off anymore. You're all over the HT is perfect and does no wrong and I know better than to fight the power of the HT fans. There are plenty of pieces from Sideshow that are as good as anything HT has done. Having many items from both I get the best of both and my collection is better for it.

Like I said I don't know what to tell ya and I really don't want to drag this topic off anymore. You're all over the HT is perfect and does no wrong and I know better than to fight the power of the HT fans. There are plenty of pieces from Sideshow that are as good as anything HT has done. Having many items from both I get the best of both and my collection is better for it.

:goodpost::exactly: :)

Back