Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both versions of thor...the 2nd body and chain mail is better...but I really do think first head sculpt is better and looks like Hemsworth...for the life of me I can't see the actor in the avengers thor....besides the chain mail there isn't a huge need to upgrade to this fig.

Ended up selling mine also, as i didn't like it one bit. I don't think you are missing out by not owning him TBH.
Opinions vary, but it is your wallet that speaks. For the money it costs, to me, it is certainly not worth it.

Good grief, are we talking about the same THOR Avengers movie figure?

This fella is all kinds of awesome! He is certainly one of the best of the Avengers line.

What I don't understand, as a collector myself, is the thing where a person looks at the prototype photos, decides they want it, POs the figure , waits for it to arrive (paying either by Flex or in one go), gets it, opens it, displays it for a while (or not even, in some cases).....

....then after all that deciding, waiting, paying and displaying rigmarole, decides they don't like it and immediately sell it. Do I understand it...?

sherlockmmmmmmno_zpsd4677c32.gif

I have both versions of thor...the 2nd body and chain mail is better...but I really do think first head sculpt is better and looks like Hemsworth...for the life of me I can't see the actor in the avengers thor....besides the chain mail there isn't a huge need to upgrade to this fig.

The first one looks like crap compared to the Avengers one. First off the face is that of a skinny man and not a well built healthy man. Since when does Hemsworth have a skinny face with area below the nose protuding out forward? Second the detail on the face is lacking and that blank stare is no good. Its not even close between the two. Neither sculpt is perfect but at lease the version 2 comes a lot closer.

Any one know a quick way to fix the strap on the hammer? I was dusting my shelf and my son not knowing better pulled on it and snapped it (he loves Thor and the hammer). It was not snapped in the middle but from the base of the handle. I personally think I will have to get a new one if it bothers me too much, but I figured I would ask.

Any one know a quick way to fix the strap on the hammer? I was dusting my shelf and my son not knowing better pulled on it and snapped it (he loves Thor and the hammer). It was not snapped in the middle but from the base of the handle. I personally think I will have to get a new one if it bothers me too much, but I figured I would ask.

First thought would be Super Glue. Post a pic if you can so we can get a better idea of the problem.

I have a big supply of Super Glue ever since I started collecting. That stuff can fix almost any breakage on a Hot Toy figure. I just repaired BELT B on my DX12 last night. Good as new.

First thought would be Super Glue. Post a pic if you can so we can get a better idea of the problem.

I have a big supply of Super Glue ever since I started collecting. That stuff can fix almost any breakage on a Hot Toy figure. I just repaired BELT B on my DX12 last night. Good as new.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I tried posting the picture, but it didn't show up. To be honest I'm new to the whole picture hosting thing and I probably screwed it up somehow.

I didn't want to use super glue on mine when it came off. i had a normal glue stick, took the bottom piece of the hammer off. added glue let the strap set, then added more glue and reattached the bottom piece to the hammer. so far so good.

man so hard to take the plunge on this figure with all these negative comments, but Thanks man, i trust your opinion :1-1:

I think it's a cool fig. This is one of HT's biggest lines to date so I guess part of it is deciding how much of a completest you want to be with it. I only passed on Fury so far and I'm in on the whole line down to Coulson. I'll jump on some Chitauri if they ever actually happen too.

Is he the best fig of the batch? No. Does he have the best likeness? No. (but none of them are perfect anyway. So far Coulson of all characters is the king of likeness :lol). For me I like what Hemsworth is doing with Thor in both movies so far, I like the character, the fig is done well and it completes my team so passing on him was never a thought

Back