Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness looks really good in those pics.

It really does!

I've gone back and forth on a Hot Toys Thor between the first movie version and the Avengers version and I've come to the conclusion that this really is THE Thor figure to have, at the moment.

It really is better in just about every way from the scale-mail to the more muscular arms and bigger body. I'm glad I didn't buy the old one just yet in favor of this one.

This makes me really excited as to what a Thor 2: The Dark World figure is going to look like.:cuckoo:

True Story.
550337_10151538243944663_2078251509_n.jpg

58063_10151538244479663_788667121_n.jpg

THIS makes me want the figure real bad. that thing is bad@@@. quick question, did you document the transfer with pics? if so, can a brother get some help.

Another question for anyone, are the arms on the mms 136 and mms 117 the same?

Thanks

THIS makes me want the figure real bad. that thing is bad@@@. quick question, did you document the transfer with pics? if so, can a brother get some help.

Another question for anyone, are the arms on the mms 136 and mms 117 the same?

Thanks

Thanks man, its not an easy process (one that kinda freaked me out abit doing since it was my first time doing it), but the results make this figure so much better imo.

I didnt record the process, but it requires you to remove the arms on both bodies (MMS175 and MM117) by unscrewing them at the shoulder joints. the MMS117 shoulder pegs are a bit thicker than the MMS175 Thors shoulder pegs, so it took a bit of work to get them to sit properly in the "bracket" or "cradle" of Thors shoulders to rescrew them back in.

Its definitely not something Ill be doing again for a long while, if ever :lol

Did Hot Toys alter the head sculpt from the official pics to the final figure or is it just the lighting in their photos?

It makes me wonder if more people like myself really balked at the likeness at first until in-hand pics started surfacing.

It really does!

I've gone back and forth on a Hot Toys Thor between the first movie version and the Avengers version and I've come to the conclusion that this really is THE Thor figure to have, at the moment.

It really is better in just about every way from the scale-mail to the more muscular arms and bigger body. I'm glad I didn't buy the old one just yet in favor of this one.

This makes me really excited as to what a Thor 2: The Dark World figure is going to look like.:cuckoo:

diggin the darker colors
chris-hemsworth-thor-the-dark-world2.jpg

I really don't like TDW chest armor. The "V/T" shape connecting the top circles annoys me. I've honestly never liked the busy chest piece idea. I always wanted something closer to his modern look, but so far I've liked his Avengers outfit the best. If only he'd wear the dang helmet. Being able to use the V1 head sculpt and helmet with this figure is really the only reason I am glad that I bought the V1.

What I do really like, is that now there is some chainmail on his legs. That should be awesome, and even if I don't pick up TDW Thor, I'm getting those pants for customizing my own definitive Thor. The greaves also look cool, as does the "crotch" flap. :lol

Last edited:
Love your thor there rzeznikk, may i ask, did u do something to thor cape there on the shoulder? It looks like its lowered there or maybe the body you use

Back