Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a nice design. I never thought much of the previous outfits... but this one is ace.

The Marvel Avengers line is making me go back and forth a lot. I don't want 3-4 different versions of the team!

Agreed, I am liking that version of the costume increasingly, so I am going to sit on my hands for now. The upsetting thing is the realisation that we will not have any Thor 2 figures in-hand till mid-2014 at the earliest.

And this is my predicament, I sold v1 after I PO Avengers Thor so Its been awhile since my Avengers theme is missing this guy and now that its so close to getting him, I'll have to wait til 2014 if I decide to cancel my PO.

Decisions decisions decisions...:gah:

Thor 2 is really the best out of all of them both in suit design and I think hot toys will still to using the buffer body of the avengers Thor. I am also considering dropping my Avengers PO in favor of this version which might get released sometime in 2014

I also like the Thor 2 suit more, however, I sold my THOR HT figure to buy the Avengers version, and I'll probably sell my Avengers Thor to get the Thor 2 Thor...lol...I can't wait till 2014 to get an updated Thor. :impatient:

I hope they release new pictures soon. I need convincing to keep my PO.
I sold my v1 for this release, but after seeing Pics of the new movie, I dont know if I should just cancel my Avengers Thor and wait cause I'm starting to like the Thor 2 outfit better.
It just sucks having to wait a long long time specially since my Avengers dio which will only consists of the core members is missing Thor

chris-hemsworth-thor-2-begins-filming-first-set-pics-05.jpg

chris-hemsworth-thor-2-begins-filming-first-set-pics-02.jpg

I too, like the new costume of Thor 2... But I'm not waiting until 2014 before getting one. Besides, I have the entire Avengers line up on order, so missing Thor would be a missing link in the set. :wink1:

I hope they release new pictures soon. I need convincing to keep my PO.
I sold my v1 for this release, but after seeing Pics of the new movie, I dont know if I should just cancel my Avengers Thor and wait cause I'm starting to like the Thor 2 outfit better.
It just sucks having to wait a long long time specially since my Avengers dio which will only consists of the core members is missing Thor

chris-hemsworth-thor-2-begins-filming-first-set-pics-05.jpg

chris-hemsworth-thor-2-begins-filming-first-set-pics-02.jpg

Not to mention the fact that by the time the Thor 2 figure comes out, he'll probably be $250....

Also right about the time the Thor 2 figure comes out new pictures of him in his Avengers 2 outfit will start showing up and you will want to wait for that one :lol

God, I hope we get a Sif figure. I really hope we do.

Same here, man! :lecture

As for the Thor figures. I currently have all the Avengers figures on PO. Together they'll be the ultimate display I think. This is how they looked when they first teamed up to defend Earth. An iconic moment, both in the movie-universe, as well as the real world, because it seriously was a major accomplishment to pull it all off and make it succesful!

So my plan is to get the Avengers versions and only buy new characters from the other movies, like Sif or Mandarin or whatever they'll make besides the main hero.

Of course my plans have been known to change, so I'm not sure I'll think the same about it a year from now. :lol

As for the Thor figures. I currently have all the Avengers figures on PO. Together they'll be the ultimate display I think. This is how they looked when they first teamed up to defend Earth. An iconic moment, both in the movie-universe, as well as the real world, because it seriously was a major accomplishment to pull it all off and make it succesful!

So my plan is to get the Avengers versions and only buy new characters from the other movies, like Sif or Mandarin or whatever they'll make besides the main hero.

Of course my plans have been known to change, so I'm not sure I'll think the same about it a year from now. :lol

Same with me although i am planning on getting every hero updated look from phase, guardians of the galaxy could be real good line

:exactly:
Same here. I have no plans to buy another Cap or Thor but i would like to pick up Sif or any other heroes they add to future films (The Falcon, Ant-Man, Wasp, etc).

But like you, a year or two from now things could change. I could sell everything and start collecting tea cups. if i do then i have gone :cuckoo:

I did a little looking back to this time last year and last year like this Hot Toys released 2 figures in HK in January (last year it was the DX09 & Mark II AU, this year it's been Bane & DX11) and then there was nothing until March, if that's the same this year then chances are March will be the earliest HK get the likes of Thor suggesting that Sideshow might not actually get him till April....

So why March on their website? Don't they usually start shipping out in the US about 3 weeks after HK release? Or am I wrong on that?

Back