Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus it's the only suit he wears in more than 1 movie.
Avengers, Thor: Dark World and Spiderman: Homecoming.
I know he wore the TFA in Winter Soldier but it is a different suit.

Plus it's the only suit he wears in more than 1 movie.
Avengers, Thor: Dark World and Spiderman: Homecoming.
I know he wore the TFA in Winter Soldier but it is a different suit.

The scenes in Thor and Spider-Man are played more for laughs though. I don't think those scenes would get the same reaction if he was wearing any of his other suits.

So based on the recent leaked set photos from Avengers 4, does anyone think that HT will do a 2.0 of this suit?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I gotta say, I really hated it at first, but it's kinda growing on me now...

So based on the recent leaked set photos from Avengers 4, does anyone think that HT will do a 2.0 of this suit?

I gotta say, I really hated it at first, but it's kinda growing on me now...

I wouldnt think so, depending on how much screen time it gets. They're going to be doing so much figures for this movie(including a HB 2.0) I dont see it making the cut

I don't see THAT making the cut. Too much other opportunity for Infinity War to bother
with a new Hulkbuster. Maybe in another 10 years, lol.

I would welcome a 2.0 of the Avengers Cap… especially on a bigger body style.

IDK after the first HB its always easier the second time around plus I think they would skip the full figure insert feature this time. After that its just an oversized Ironman figure. Of the two id put money on a new HB being made before an older Cap figure (IM being their bread and butter in Asia)

So question: is the “flaking” issue only in the super shiny shield and not the battle damaged or are both susceptible to the flake?

Still my favorite Captain America, got a better shield on the way from China. The brown harness and belt really helped the look I think, still debating adding a chin strap.

20180311_004008.jpg

I think the flaking was on the normal shield, this is the first KO shield I got on ebay.

Still my favorite Captain America, got a better shield on the way from China. The brown harness and belt really helped the look I think, still debating adding a chin strap.

View attachment 400419

I think the flaking was on the normal shield, this is the first KO shield I got on ebay.

I picked up this figure with flakings on the normal shield. Do you recommend the replacement shield you purchased? If so can you provide the link where I can it? Thank you!

Seriously thinking of picking one of these up now for some reason. It's certainly not one of his cooler looks, but it is a very memorable one. And there's just something about the cheesiness of it that I actually find really appealing. :D

Only thing I'm wondering is just how much it's possible to bulk him up. I tried searching through the thread for mods, but most of the links seem to be dead at this point. It does look like you should be able to buff him up at least a little more though...

Seriously thinking of picking one of these up now for some reason. It's certainly not one of his cooler looks, but it is a very memorable one. And there's just something about the cheesiness of it that I actually find really appealing. :D

Only thing I'm wondering is just how much it's possible to bulk him up. I tried searching through the thread for mods, but most of the links seem to be dead at this point. It does look like you should be able to buff him up at least a little more though...

Back when the Avengers HT figures were first released, i wanted a Cap with the helmet and one without, so i picked up a parted costume. I have a custom in my Avengers display and it looks cool on a normal body. All i did was add some padding on the chest and arms.

If I were to get one of these, I'd probably ditch both heads completely since the likenesses look so bad now. I'd just pick up a newer KO head and keep him permanently unmasked.

I'd wait before getting a 6 year old figure
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

EXACTLY! I was just looking for threads regarding the inevitable Mk. VII diecast and I bet it will be for A4.

Back