Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something for people out there who, like me, finds pants of this figure boring:
You can use laundry marker (dark blue or black) to make some parts darker, like the concept art suggested.
It's really easy, even with the belt on.

capt_orig_des_ta_zpsh6r2gsfl.jpg

SAM_2688_zpsm6bnt6qe.jpg

SAM_2689_zpsdauumbmh.jpg

I don't think Elvis did anything crucial to the body, jacket and trousers are pretty restrictive.

finally got Cap from the first Avengers movie. He was opened and displayed but in great condition.IMG_3690.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 219
Captain America is one character that I want the different versions of. Plus I've always liked this costume too, I think it has more of a "comic book " vibe.

Captain America is one character that I want the different versions of. Plus I've always liked this costume too, I think it has more of a "comic book " vibe.

That's why I have this version. The contemporary suits look great, but to be honest they give me a G.I. Joe vibe -- maybe not so far off from what the character actually is -- but the Avengers incarnation looks more like a comic superhero to me.

I never understood why, specifically, Cap's Avengers costume was considered the worst outfit for the character other than "It looks too dorky!" - but then again, isn't that kind of the point? If you ask me, some of his later costumes looked a smidge too serious (I.E., TWS and AoU).

Because it IS Dorky.

9MwUuRk.jpg

At least the one on the left is not being serious and making fun of itself pointing out that the literal translation from comicbooks looks dorky.

SNhYlxz.jpg

I know. What's funny is even Chris Evans, when asked about the costume, had to bite his mouth...and said something like...well...I prefer the TFA costume.
Cant believe they looked at that and approved it.

Not sure a behind the scenes shot is the best way to judge. It looked a lot better than that within the actual movie I thought:

Capturgdfge.JPG

And of course without the helmet (and with a bit of battle damage) it looked even cooler:

2847506-captain_america_avengers_solo_reelz_1 (410x850).jpg

I love my avengers Cap , i think the outfit looks fine , yes not as BAD ASSEZRY as the recent outfits, but i like the simplicity of it .
I think the best suit is TWS Stealth suit and the one from First Avenger , the WW2 CAP.

I think the avengers suit looks better onscreen than the real life prop , i think they made some CGI adjustments to make it look less floppy on screen and when you see it in action on screen Cap is bad ass.

I love my avengers Cap , i think the outfit looks fine , yes not as BAD ASSEZRY as the recent outfits, but i like the simplicity of it .
I think the best suit is TWS Stealth suit and the one from First Avenger , the WW2 CAP.

I think the avengers suit looks better onscreen than the real life prop , i think they made some CGI adjustments to make it look less floppy on screen and when you see it in action on screen Cap is bad ass.

I agree on all points. I don't like the articulation but I like the design. Also agree stealth is the best suit, and avengers 1 cap looks great as a 1/6 figure. We should get a beer!

Sold this figure off a few months back to fund ESB Yoda. I thought the suit was ok, but out of all the Cap suits (not including SSM and RC), it's my least favorite. I had all the Cap figures and an incomplete A1 set that likely was never going to be completed, and I was also looking to decrease on duplicates, so it didn't make the cut. Sold off my other A1 figures also, except Mk 7. Will likely sell that off though eventually to fund the inevitable RotS Obi-Wan.

Back