Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, no bud, not you. The guy who posted right above you put what Dave and I had been discussing in spoiler tags. No worries! :)

Yeah sorry, I actually just realized that right when you posted this reply, didn’t mean to be defensive just seems like anytime I talk and/or write Avengers Infinity... people are like “shhh, not everyone has seen it yet”. Happened to me tonight at dinner with friends who some had seen it and one couple were going after dinner.

I honestly have NEVER cared about spoilers and in the past have even had to pry out answers from friends who saw a particular movie before I did trying to convince them that I really didn’t need them to keep any secrets (for example TLJ, it took me almost a month before I saw it and knew the whole story going into the theater). But I gotta admit that IW is different for sure In my opinion. It’s a masterpiece (still not my favorite MCU of all time) but absolutely has surprises that enhance the hell out of the film and so much going on that viewers are rewarded by repeat viewings.

/rant

Haha, no bud, not you. The guy who posted right above you put what Dave and I had been discussing in spoiler tags. No worries! :)

hey, my bad. still new to posting on here. I edited to wrap my comments with the spoiler warning. I'm looking forward to the die-cast Mark 7 (this is not an A4 movie spoiler) since it was the armor that got me into Hot Toys in the first place. I'm just hoping I can sell off the 1st version before they announce it.

hey, my bad. still new to posting on here. I edited to wrap my comments with the spoiler warning. I'm looking forward to the die-cast Mark 7 (this is not an A4 movie spoiler) since it was the armor that got me into Hot Toys in the first place. I'm just hoping I can sell off the 1st version before they announce it.

DO NOT DO IT! Yeah the original is dated by modern standards but with how expensive the new armors are and the lack of “complimentary” accessories, I can’t see them releasing an overall better package than the original Mk. VII

2 extra arms, not going to happen. Battle damage that’s interchangeable and not just limited to the torso, maybe but I wouldn’t count on it. 2 bases, iirc.

Seriously, the OG Mk. VII was a fantastic package all around.

DO NOT DO IT! Yeah the original is dated by modern standards but with how expensive the new armors are and the lack of “complimentary” accessories, I can’t see them releasing an overall better package than the original Mk. VII

2 extra arms, not going to happen. Battle damage that’s interchangeable and not just limited to the torso, maybe but I wouldn’t count on it. 2 bases, iirc.

Seriously, the OG Mk. VII was a fantastic package all around.

Interesting point. The other thing I'm worried about in the OG one is the "pink panties" issue which I have yet to confirm if it happened to mine since it's still sealed. If it doesn't sell at a minimum set price I won't have a problem keeping it and ordering 2.0 when it's announced.

Interesting point. The other thing I'm worried about in the OG one is the "pink panties" issue which I have yet to confirm if it happened to mine since it's still sealed. If it doesn't sell at a minimum set price I won't have a problem keeping it and ordering 2.0 when it's announced.

Yeah that’s definitely a consideration but that issue wasn’t nearly as widespread as on the Mk. IV

By the way, iirc the Mk. VII box has a slip cover with window so you should be easily able to confirm the status of your figure without having to “open” the box completely.

By the way, iirc the Mk. VII box has a slip cover with window so you should be easily able to confirm the status of your figure without having to “open” the box completely.

good suggestion. It's been almost 5 years since I checked up on it so now's a good time. Then there's the issue with the batteries. hope to god none of them has any leakage

After 5 years since laying my eyes on it for the first time I finally pulled the trigger on it and it has arrived. Having already owned the Civil War version I deemed the Avenger suit version to be "obsolete" but watching the movie again recently the suit still holds up as well as the movie itself. 32191563_2057096331282610_8848846082575171584_n.jpg

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a sudden desire to own this figure! Any chance we can see a pic of it next to your CW Cap? I've done a lot of searching but it's still not totally clear to me how those two compare in size.

I remember thinking this figure and costume looked ridiculous in when it was originally released. It's grown on me as well. A nice contrast to all the similar looking Caps from Age of Ultron, Civil War, etc.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a sudden desire to own this figure! Any chance we can see a pic of it next to your CW Cap? I've done a lot of searching but it's still not totally clear to me how those two compare in size.

I have the other Cap stored away but for sure next I take it out I'll do some comparison pics. In the meantime I did find this youtube video that briefly compares the different versions. Not the most in-depth review but gives you an idea the size difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImqA8teWC4&t=23s

Haha, he looks so tiny next to AoU Cap!

he's like the pre-serum injected Steve Rogers ;) Although he does appear skinnier in this suit compared with his later iterations. Here's a snapshot of his brief appearance in Spiderman Homecoming

homecoming_cap.jpg

Yeah I noticed that as well. The newer suits were clearly designed to make him look as huge and broad-shouldered as possible.

Still, it's looking like one of the newer maskless heads would just look oversized on that body, even if you were able to buff it up a little. And that's the look I was really hoping to go for...

It is kind of funny how the suit itself makes Chris Evans seem smaller than he is. Really hides his muscular physique.

Actually, he really is a lot slimmer when he's not making movies. I've seen him get asked about that a few times on interviews, how he maintains his physique.
He says his natural physique is a lot smaller, and many months before shooting, they hit the gym really hard, and stop a few weeks before shooting. After that he says because of long shoots, he starts to taper off.

For Spiderman, it wouldnt surprise since its just a cameo, that he didnt hit the weights like he normally does, so I think that's why he does appear a lot smaller compared to regular Cap or Avengers movie.

QF41N7G.jpg

Hemsworth though on the other hand, I've seen many interviews after the movies and Hemsworth seems naturally bigger than Evans.

Back