Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the smallest resculpt and a bit of paintwork at work today.
Just to see what it would look like. I think it looks good!!!

4BC8CEF2-F2E1-4A5F-83DD-BC45E8962F93.jpg

A3EDC666-84F0-4A83-B657-F8E91A8C7B8A.jpg

815FDAA2-D907-4EA5-B2A0-A7C052B454B0.jpg

3FB8E10C-B648-49E2-9908-B3E9CAFF2C3B.jpg

6B4CE41B-BAAF-4DA2-942D-0BC0681B83BB.jpg

1445DE4E-C1AD-49B7-B29D-8BD27D7F9BBE.jpg

Looks great but without the color break he looks like megaman. A brown strap would make it better perhaps? Just like in the comics. But it could go against the red gauntlets and gloves and boots. Great work as usual Barry.

Looks great but without the color break he looks like megaman. A brown strap would make it better perhaps? Just like in the comics. But it could go against the red gauntlets and gloves and boots. Great work as usual Barry.

It's one of those "you'll like it or you won't" things. I actually sacrificed a TWS empty Strike helmet for the straps. I tried to work out how to use it all, but it looked too weird. So i just used a single strap and the chin cover. I never took more than one pic, but it just looked totally wrong. Which was the reason i covered it up and went all blue. I reckon they tried this for the movie but the only way it worked on set was without a chin cover at all.

7E3C8FEB-5FDD-4CB9-9984-46814FE3CD24.jpg

I think that looks a lot better... reminds me of a batman cowl but with caps helmet on top.

Funnily enough, when Steve has the hood on in the carrier with the ears on, i always assumed it was supposed to be a similar material to the electric batcape that can assume hard shapes and fabric ones.

I'm considering selling my Avengers Captain America that's near perfect to fund the new AOU Captain America. Does anyone know if these are selling on the secondary markets still?

Apologies for bumping the thread with a question, but in case some folks don't go to the commerce section, does anyone have the boots and gauntlets for sale? The price is outrageous on Ebay.

AVENGERS CAPTAIN AMERICA- Reworked and upgraded.

THe Avengers costume is by far my fav one cause it's less busy than the AOU one. It is the on that I feel looks the most like his Ultimate suit. For me the AOU one is too busy and complicated.

But I felt the mask was a big let down. So I used the AOU head with helmet and the AOY harness and belt cause the brown break the all blue look.

I also toned down the colour to make him look more realistic and battle hardened.

IMG_2821_zpsainaxgdm.jpg

IMG_2822_zpsdfrat50l.jpg

IMG_2820_zpscbtzc9yc.jpg

Back