Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just use black electrical insulation tape to bulk up the areas that are too small. I did this with a custom Avengers Cap back in the day so i could have two of them.

Good advice, I'll give this a go if the other bodies don't work out. :wink1:

I know the focus is intended to be A1 Cap, but did you make any alterations to CW Cap? His body doesn’t look as boxy in that shot, and the slope of his traps is pretty decent.

Yeah I've started to make a few mods to him as well, but I'm still not totally satisfied with it. I padded up the traps as much as possible, shaved down the chest to make it a bit less puffy, tightened up the waist, and took in the baggy knees a bit.

Here's a couple better pics.

20190702_222014 (2).jpg

20190702_222312 (4).jpg

Nice, that looks really good. Regarding the shoulder plates of the vest piece that sit over the traps, did you glue those down to the shoulders or something? I noticed on mine they don’t lay very flush against the shoulders, and I think that kind of helps lend to the boxy/squarish look of the upper body. On yours, they seem to sit flat against the shoulders, which seems to help enhance the slope of the traps a bit.

No glue, but I did use some double-sided tape to hold them down better. Then it was just a matter of padding underneath and pulling up the back of the collar as much as possible.

Nice. That’s interesting that you actually padded up the traps a little more to get them to have more of a slope, because when I look at mine, I feel as if the traps are TOO padded on the stock figure, when compared to this screen grab:

DFEEC8AD-08C3-42C0-BBAD-F4853DF7508F.jpeg

Back