Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put my DW Thor back in the box and put out my new Avengers Thor to rock out with Cap. Until I get a Detolf my figures are staying in the boxes

30257c5bb584f2612c0ab0d7e5fa6c2c.jpg

Coulson and Cap :) Thor is getting out of his box and just need to get the rest of the team. Love Cap though and TS 79'ed the shield already

Anyway to save this shield? It already has the Tamiya on it but that did some damage to it as well. I don't know anything about painting. I was thinking of repainting the chipped red or maybe making it into the shield with the 4 bullet marks on it. Anyone know where I can get that done or who does paint jobs?

7e3a6d6c855179bee3b998fabd6f5a6c.jpg

Anyway to save this shield? It already has the Tamiya on it but that did some damage to it as well. I don't know anything about painting. I was thinking of repainting the chipped red or maybe making it into the shield with the 4 bullet marks on it. Anyone know where I can get that done or who does paint jobs?

7e3a6d6c855179bee3b998fabd6f5a6c.jpg

I second this question... mine has a small chip on the inner red circle. Not noticeable from a distance but from what I've read it's only going to get worse.

What's the best method or paint to repair this issue? I've never painted or modded any accessory so this will be a first.

I second this question... mine has a small chip on the inner red circle. Not noticeable from a distance but from what I've read it's only going to get worse.

What's the best method or paint to repair this issue? I've never painted or modded any accessory so this will be a first.

I used red sharpie on the edges of my FA Shield then coated it with semi gloss. I don't know if it'll work on the face of the shield as mine was just barely flaking on the edges.

Real close with a flash you can see a little repair

But in normal light it's not noticeable(i used flash though)

Last edited:
Bought the Avengers AoU art book today and Joss's introduction touched on the first movie's version of Cap. He said something like "I would never put a cowl on Captain America"

I'm envious of all of you who already have the art book. Mine is on PO from Amazon and I think it's due to be released soon, IIRC.

Bought the Avengers AoU art book today and Joss's introduction touched on the first movie's version of Cap. He said something like "I would never put a cowl on Captain America"

Is that the Strike Suit/Steve Rogers head? I put mine on my Avengers Cap and the neck looks alot longer than yours?

Back