Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally broke down and ordered this guy from Sideshow. I'm so excited! This will be my first non-Batman figure from Hot Toys. Its actually my first time ordering from Sideshow. How long does it usually take to ship?

Finally broke down and ordered this guy from Sideshow. I'm so excited! This will be my first non-Batman figure from Hot Toys. Its actually my first time ordering from Sideshow. How long does it usually take to ship?

Depends on your location. I'm from California. I ordered a Shadow Predator and received it the next day, so it all depends on where you're located.

And if you are in the UK (like me), it will come by FEDEX and will get to you *if my experience is anything to go by* on the fifth day of dispatch. Though I have always been quoted 6 days from dispatch, it has never actually taken the full 6 days.

At least not yet (You watch, I have jinxed it now!)

So got myself a new shield so I could use it to test out a clear gloss coat rather than a semi gloss coat. Did not go so well, it ran the paint and then I touched it and the paint rubbed off so out came the stripper and I removed the rest of the paint.

Time for operation repaint

20130222_224354_zpsd5f1bf21.jpg

20130222_224440_zps7b3787e7.jpg

20130222_224446_zps820cc7c4.jpg

How do you removed the paint? And how do you get this silver look on the shield?

So got myself a new shield so I could use it to test out a clear gloss coat rather than a semi gloss coat. Did not go so well, it ran the paint and then I touched it and the paint rubbed off so out came the stripper and I removed the rest of the paint.

Time for operation repaint

20130222_224354_zpsd5f1bf21.jpg

20130222_224440_zps7b3787e7.jpg

20130222_224446_zps820cc7c4.jpg

That looks great

Now, those last pics really make me excited to get this figure! :yess: UPS tracking says it'll be here by Monday. I was hoping it'd be earlier, but its whatevs. lol

Was there a final word on what (if anything) to put on the shield to keep the paint from flaking?

Some really nice pics here. Mine isn't as fancy, but here's my Avengers shelf, with Cap large and in charge:

DSC_0383-1_zps5773a3de.jpg

:clap WOW! Really makes me want to do the whole Avengers line but lord knows my wallet will fall into a depression.

Great set up you have there! They really do look great together.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually considered selling War Machine and Hawkeye since, by themselves, they aren't really essential figures to me. But I knew they would look ace together with more of the team. Gonna move my Mark VI into that display whenever I change him from BD to "clean" mode, and substitute the new Thor (with the head/helmet in that shot), then I'll be good to go with my Avengers display.

The good thing about Marvel making so many movies is that there will be new versions of each figure for each film allowing plenty of opportunities for each character.

Back