Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jacket Rogers is wearing, isnt that a BLADE (HT or Marvel Icons) jacket?

He has that unit for sale on ebay too.

It is an impressive displace piece and surprised HT didn't do this first..

Not mine, but saw this on Facebook:

427245_338365349597931_1524257173_n.jpg

537005_338365376264595_952386211_n.jpg

What a display! :rock

I was about to say the same thing. It looks like a woman's jacket. Display case for captn suit looks awesome tho.

First pic of my Cap!

8496154330_2d2e572afe_b.jpg

I really like the unmasked headsculpt! Perhaps even more than the masked one! :rock :rock

*Bad lighting not intentional, but I like it anyway because it creates a moody picture. Beats flash anyway :lol

anyone have issues with his shield I tried putting it on him and the straps fell apart in my hand, I called SS and they sent me a new one. I dont want the same thing to happen anyone have tips

So got myself a new shield so I could use it to test out a clear gloss coat rather than a semi gloss coat. Did not go so well, it ran the paint and then I touched it and the paint rubbed off so out came the stripper and I removed the rest of the paint.

Time for operation repaint

20130222_224354_zpsd5f1bf21.jpg

20130222_224440_zps7b3787e7.jpg

20130222_224446_zps820cc7c4.jpg

My hope is I can replicate the paint job as close as I possibly can, then at least there is hope for anyone who has a flaky shield. Plus reason I bought an extra one is so I can test to my hearts content without having the worry. So if I mess up I can start over.

Quite looking forward to my little project

My hope is I can replicate the paint job as close as I possibly can, then at least there is hope for anyone who has a flaky shield. Plus reason I bought an extra one is so I can test to my hearts content without having the worry. So if I mess up I can start over.

Quite looking forward to my little project

Best of luck, and keep us all updated - we might be required to try your method shortly. I've kept my First Avenger in a glass case from the day I bought him and I'm noticing the tiny lines popping up all over the shield. The flaking is only a few months away I suspect.

Best of luck, and keep us all updated - we might be required to try your method shortly. I've kept my First Avenger in a glass case from the day I bought him and I'm noticing the tiny lines popping up all over the shield. The flaking is only a few months away I suspect.

Will do I shall post a few pictures when I am finished

Just got this Captain America figure from a fellow freak and I have to say he looks awesome. I am thinking of repainting the shield from the first Avenger Captain America due to cracking in the red paint. I was wanting to go the traditional red and white for it. Any recommendations from anyone?

Back