Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I was really hoping to get this guy before Christmas, I'll be so bummed if he does get pushed back. I'm toying with the idea of getting second to display maskless too. I wonder if Hot Toys will do any battle damaged versions or anything.

Never buy Pre Orders on eBay. Why? Why would you be that dumb? I don't feel sorry for anybody that buys something off eBay when nobody know exactly when it will be released. Unless you know the seller on a first name basis I would never do it and even then it still isn't smart.

Never buy Pre Orders on eBay. Why? Why would you be that dumb? I don't feel sorry for anybody that buys something off eBay when nobody know exactly when it will be released. Unless you know the seller on a first name basis I would never do it and even then it still isn't smart.

:lecture Listen up!

I think my rookie mistake as a fledgling HT collector was choosing a pre-order as my first purchase. If I had known how painful this waiting would be, I would have made my first purchase something that was already in stock. At least I'd have something to look at as I waited for the others. But no, like an idiot I had to commit all my money to things that weren't coming out for months on end. Nothing's worse than being a collector with no collection.

:exactly::lecture

:exactly: I with you on this one.

Ganggang12312 sold a HT iron Monger for $290.54 shipped yesterday. I was about to bid but i also noticed all the bead sales on previous feedbacks and i felt that the price was just way to good to be true.

:goodpost: 100% agreed. Sadly some people never learn and will always be lured by saving a few bucks and risk to lose everything.

I think my rookie mistake as a fledgling HT collector was choosing a pre-order as my first purchase. If I had known how painful this waiting would be, I would have made my first purchase something that was already in stock. At least I'd have something to look at as I waited for the others. But no, like an idiot I had to commit all my money to things that weren't coming out for months on end. Nothing's worse than being a collector with no collection.
Ouch! Sorry to hear.

I only buy from ebay if I can get a local pick up and the item is in hand only...for all my PO I'll just pay the little extra to get it from the official distributor...makes me feel safer

The waiting is all part of it! Enjoy the anticipation. (It makes the inevitable Hot Toys QC issues all the more bittersweet too :wink1:)

The waiting is all part of it! Enjoy the anticipation. (It makes the inevitable Hot Toys QC issues all the more bittersweet too :wink1:)

I think 5 months of waiting on a pre-order is about all I can take, then I start getting cranky. All I gotta say is thank god I never ordered the Iron Monger or Tron Lightcycle!

I think 5 months of waiting on a pre-order is about all I can take, then I start getting cranky. All I gotta say is thank god I never ordered the Iron Monger or Tron Lightcycle!

Good thing you got into the hobby after the first Tumbler release!

Why would you not pre-order on Ebay - right now you can pre order Hulk 1/6 From the Avengers and it will be shipped in early Dec.

The rest of us won't be shipped until March.

There is no way a ebayer will have Hulk available by december. That person is being deceptive. If they do, I'll be very surprised, but I don't see Hulk being released that early.

...and the number one reason you wouldn't want to preorder from Ebay, is that unlike with a normal retailer...you have little to no reassurance if anything goes wrong. They ebay seller is less likely to even have a replacement, or replacement parts. With someone like Sideshow, BBTS, or anyother online retailers...you can rest assured that if something is defective, or goes wrong right out of the box, you can most likely get a replacement.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to ever purchase a hot toys off of ebay, but a figure like Hulk or Iron Monger, where the figure is so large, and/or intricate...I'd say it's a pretty bad idea. Hulk isn't that intricate...but his the reliability of his arms is questionable.

Back