Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I am trying to get my hands on a Cap, but cannot seem to find the Tamiya sealant anywhere near me, is there an alternative? Rutoleum makes a semi gloss clear spray and thats all I have near by. da702895-f990-4509-b245-aa9404cb15b8_400.jpg

Hi guys, I am trying to get my hands on a Cap, but cannot seem to find the Tamiya sealant anywhere near me, is there an alternative? Rutoleum makes a semi gloss clear spray and thats all I have near by.

Just order it on line and have it delivered.

Are there any tricks I need to be aware of before taking the helmeted sculpt off to swap with the Rogers sculpt? I've never actually had to remove a Hot Toys head, so I'm paranoid I'll break something. I tried pulling on it just a little with no luck. Do I just pull harder? :rotfl

:slap

Oh God, I'm such an idiot. I just pulled a little harder and it popped right off. Wasn't difficult at all.

DERPING HARD TODAY FOLKS. My apologies. I just get nervous around expensive objects. Thank you, Mudblood!

No problem! I was afraid to touch anything on my first HT. Careful force is all it takes. Glad you popped it off! :hi5:

:slap

Oh God, I'm such an idiot. I just pulled a little harder and it popped right off. Wasn't difficult at all.

DERPING HARD TODAY FOLKS. My apologies. I just get nervous around expensive objects. Thank you, Mudblood!

A hair dryer is your friend when trying to remove heads. It will easily soften the PVC/plastics involved to safely and easily remove them.

Thanks guys. I didn't want to take the suit off, and with it on I didn't have access to the base of the neck joint, so I figured a hair dryer wouldn't work. When you're swapping heads or hands, how long do you recommend using the dryer for? I tried it once when I was trying to put new hands on a figure, and I finally gave up in disgust! Just couldn't get it on.

Now I've got an unwanted helmeted Cap head sitting around. Hm. I have a strong urge to hot glue it to a Barbie body and donate it to Goodwill. :rotfl

Thanks guys. I didn't want to take the suit off, and with it on I didn't have access to the base of the neck joint, so I figured a hair dryer wouldn't work. When you're swapping heads or hands, how long do you recommend using the dryer for? I tried it once when I was trying to put new hands on a figure, and I finally gave up in disgust! Just couldn't get it on.

Now I've got an unwanted helmeted Cap head sitting around. Hm. I have a strong urge to hot glue it to a Barbie body and donate it to Goodwill. :rotfl

Just sell the head.

Or give it to Username to dremel the face out. You'll have an empty helmet for Cap to hold.

Does anyone else has the same issue? Mine has a hole on the sleeves for no apparent reason! :idea

Willing to buy a spare top if anyone has it.

DSC_3194.jpg

Back