Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like HCCTR. I think Wendy does a great job. That being said this particular review seemed a little odd. First Wendy looked bored and not into it. I didn't sense the excitement and energy in her voice like reviews of the past. ALSO all I heard in this review was great...great...great. No mention on how the head sculpt looks nothing like the source material.
This made me think that HCCTR are no longer reviews but a showcase to advertising items for their website...mmmmmm.

I only say this because they had a unboxing video for a case of City Hunters they received. Also pushing to buy from their "Ma & Pa" site.

That's the way it felt to me......

Maybe that's because it wasn't worth mentioning! The peeps on these forums nitpick the smallest most inconsequential things to death. Oh the left pinky toe is 1/110000 of a mm off. Oh LAWD!!!!!:gah: Some people apparently have OCD and if they do, its understandable why they are so ****. But there are so many nonchalant haphazard comments that make me want to jump through the screen and choke mua'fuggers.

She did point out a couple small concerns about the figure though, like the head was kind of easy to come off. So its not all hokey pokey! I mean I'll be honest with you all, I think just about everything I have seen from Hot Toys is damn near perfection! So unless it is a potential big problem like the head popping off easy (which could have been just the one they reviewed like she said), most of what I read on these forums have no bearing on if a figure is nicely done or not, or if I will buy it.

Yeah, honestly...I've never gotten any substance out of her "reviews".

They never zoom in on the figure enough, and I'm not a fan of people that like to put themselves in the review of a figure. I'm not watching the video to see what they look like, I'm looking to see the details of the figure.

Apparently you aren't watching the same thing I am. Not only do they zoom in on the figure, but they also break down the figure most times to the naked plastic body showing how the figure is draped in layers of clothing. I have yet to see a review on youtube that does that!

In addition, I like how they rotate the figure 360 degrees so I can see the whole thing.

Maybe that's because it wasn't worth mentioning! The peeps on these forums nitpick the smallest most inconsequential things to death. Oh the left pinky toe is 1/110000 of a mm off. Oh LAWD!!!!!:gah: Some people apparently have OCD and if they do, its understandable why they are so ****. But there are so many nonchalant haphazard comments that make me want to jump through the screen and choke mua'fuggers.

She did point out a couple small concerns about the figure though, like the head was kind of easy to come off. So its not all hokey pokey! I mean I'll be honest with you all, I think just about everything I have seen from Hot Toys is damn near perfection! So unless it is a potential big problem like the head popping off easy (which could have been just the one they reviewed like she said), most of what I read on these forums have no bearing on if a figure is nicely done or not, or if I will buy it.

True for many threads that come and die but, everyone is pretty much on the same page in this thread regarding how accurate the headsculpt is.

I think the figure will still be a nice addition to the collection after all, i sold my old one for more then double what i paid for it so, i am not going to feel too bad once i own this.

Apparently you aren't watching the same thing I am. Not only do they zoom in on the figure, but they also break down the figure most times to the naked plastic body showing how the figure is draped in layers of clothing. I have yet to see a review on youtube that does that!

In addition, I like how they rotate the figure 360 degrees so I can see the whole thing.

That is a useless part of a review to me, don't care about that. I would rather watch a hardcore Pred nerd review the figure and break down everything it comes with and remember accessory wise what everything did in the film.

HTCC slipped up with not remembering the arm missile scene with Harrigan removing his body armor after taking a hit from that yet, they bring up how we never got a tiny forked projectile from the Jamaican voodoo sacrifice scene which isn't something i am dying to have with this figure since we don't know what part of the P2's accessories it came out of, i would guess the net launcher or his same left forearm device again.

Tic toc, tic toc.:impatient: Still has not arrived. They don't deliver on Sunday so Monday hear I come!!!:yess:

For those interested, here's my vid on what I did to swap heads and my comparisons to images from the movie.

https://youtu.be/aSaLMptH3h8
a predator's neck is an actor's neck minus false shoulders minus false cheeks. so it's shorter than human's neck.
yours became a lot longer due to joint differences. you should modify the heads or necks to make it fit.
it will include a lot of cutting if you're not afraid of it.

Should I get this? I missed out on the first but I'm trying to quit collecting because of financial problems :/

I'm glad they made changes to the mask and we atleast didn't get the proto mask.
They pulled the same thing with Berserker: showed a really bumpy helmet with the prototype then shipped a smooth one. I'm starting to think that's intentional and staged just to make it appear as though they listen to fan feedback, meanwhile leaving the far more egregious inaccuracies unfixed.

Berseker prototype: "The head's way too small, the face isn't even close to accurate, and the helmet should be smooth!"

Berserker final product: "They smoothed out the helmet, Hot Toys listens!"

City Hunter prototype: "That McFarlane toys-inspired brown pole for the canon looks terrible, the face isn't even close to accurate, and the helmet should be smooth!"

City Hunter final product: "They smoothed out the helmet, Hot Toys listens!"

anybody getting this guy from cornerstore comics? they usually get their stuff pretty quick but i havent gotten any shipping notice yet.

Arrived!!! What really bothers me out of the box are the closed mandibles. NEED TO FIX THAT. Very good paint job,10 times better than the old P2. A couple of quick pics.

20130207_150538_zps70b80e3f.jpg
Regarding the closed mandibles being "wrong", I think this is the pose Hot Toys was going for:

Predator2_69.jpg

Where-as the original release had to go with this completely closed look so the mask could fit over the face:

Predator2_28.jpg

Back