Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

Was there a smart disc with the original?
That's not what I meant. I meant I would have preferred a closed mandible look similar to the way he has them positioned in those scenes in the film...but it looks like they just took Snake/Classic's.. :/

Might I also mentioned they accurized certain parts of the figure? Notice the newly-sculpted adornments around his belt for instance.
Re-use? Only in the accessories department as I said, which is to be expected. There was nothing wrong with the old weapons and they've already fixed the only piece of gear that needed fixing (the rebreather) when Guardian came out.

The lower mandibles do need some work, but it's not enough to keep me from ordering the piece. Still looks great. The work on the head itself is more than excellent enough to make up for the mandibles -- and this guy looks way better with a closed mouth than Classic does IMO. I'll still display him with the mask, of course. Or maybe I'll actually switch it up with this figure. All of the options look fantastic, whereas Classic only looked good in a couple of them.

I'm also ordering this without a doubt even though I had the old one, it's just the mandibles that are bothering me a bit. bring them closer to his mouth and further up and it's nearly perfect. EX here i come!

Was there a smart disc with the original?

Yep. And there's one with this guy, too.

First post updated with specifications and estimated release date. Q4, 2012. Sure would've been nice to have him earlier, but I might forget about that if Sideshow has an exclusive... :D Doubt they will, though. HT has a habit of showing ex. accessories in the official pics these days. Hope I'm wrong.

I think it looks awesome. You guys really prefer this:
review_htpred2_1.jpg

To this?
562251_10150649820167344_58690437343_9476265_935314971_n.jpg
Wow!

Paint job is so much better.

Makes the old head paint look like a cartoon.

Looking at the pics again, I think the mandibles are the main issue.

When you see him with his uhh, bio breathy thingy on..the sculpt looks really good. The mandibles just look odd for him imo.

I'm happy with how the biohelmet turned out, too. I know it's not totally accurate, but for some reason I've always liked HT's rounded/perfected take on this particular design. There are some production shots from the film where P2's noggin protection looks downright unappealing.
AND LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIS HEAD! IT'S HUGE! THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! :rock:rock:rock

Um... where are his knee joints? I noticed they accurized the kneepads and got rid of the strap (which is why the new bodies are so awesome, though they didn't do this on Shadow; I think they rushed that one), which drew my attention to the lack of joints there.

Old school Hot Toys right...:wink1:

I know, right? I missed the days when HT sculpted proportions based on the suit. Not sure they're making a comeback, but it's definitely happening here.

The upper mandibles are spot-on, it's those lower ones. They're just a little too big and a little too open. I guess they wanted to keep the half-open look from Classic and Shadow. Meh... at least it looks good. I'm really not a fan of how Classic and Shadow look with closed mandibles, but P2 can rock his inaccuracies.

I think for anyone with the first release this looks like an easy pass. A nice dio would've sealed the deal or at least something new, although the medkit is nice. The body and paint look great but that head sculpt doesn't excite me the same way the first one did when i saw it.

Well, after spending months working on my custom I think Hot Toys have done a very good job. It doesn't have that purple tint the old one did, the armour doesn't look too bulky at the wrists and waist like the old one, and they have put detail like the bone over the left bag etc.
The spear also looks like they have spent some time applying detail too, and it contains an accurate mask and other battle damaged accessories.
I will be getting a few pieces to upgrade my custom once people part it out.
Dizzy

Back