Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks very good to me. Much better than the 1st version IMHO which was pretty ugly.

I trust that the price should not be too high as the number of accessories is not that big.
Preordered (if they could include a dio, that would be very cool) !

Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

Let's not forget what was originally promised to us back in '07.

pred23ah4.jpg

pred210vh9.jpg

As I wasn't able to get the first P2 I'll definitely be picking this one up. The paint job looks far better this time around.

i passed on the other pred but im definitely trying to get this, :yess:

Let's not forget what was originally promised to us back in '07.
See, those mandibles SCREAM P2.
It's the position. If they weren't lazy, and had sculpted a new pose for them..I might buy this...well, I might still buy this. Idunno.

But yeah, mandibles..

See, those mandibles SCREAM P2.
It's the position. If they weren't lazy, and had sculpted a new pose for them..I might buy this...well, I might still buy this. Idunno.

But yeah, mandibles..

Your old signature was from P2. You're buying it. You know you are. :lol

Is it possible to heat up the mandibles and reposition them? Would it break them?

People were doing that with their Berserker Predator, so I don't see why not. You'd need to heat them up fairly well though; since the meaty parts don't extend as far out as 'Zerker's, the plastic will have to be hot enough to bend the cheek flaps. It's basically a repositioning of the entire piece, so you'll need to be careful not to warp the base of the mandibles where they connect to the face.

Wonder if their using the oldschool method of attaching the mask or the Classic method. The mask looks huge, so there's a possibility of the former..

I don´t know exactly what your problem is about the mandibles, cause I like the new closed look.
The completely closed and "folded" look looked REALLY ugly and I like it how it looks as if they´re in the middle of growling, or something.
Cause it´s closed...but still an expression.
Either way...great, GREAT figure and definite buy.

****...this year´s shaping up to be on ******* expensive one.
:gah:

Nah, who am I kiddin´...I love this hobby.
Bring it on...
:rotfl :yess:

Hell yeah! I'm glad to see them remaking the City Hunter. I never picked up an original P2 figure in the hopes they would revisit him in the future. I'm just happy HT went with 1/6 and not a damn 1/4 Predator on this one. Will be picking this up for sure but I agree the mask and sculpt need a little bit of work.

People were doing that with their Berserker Predator, so I don't see why not. You'd need to heat them up fairly well though; since the meaty parts don't extend as far out as 'Zerker's, the plastic will have to be hot enough to bend the cheek flaps. It's basically a repositioning of the entire piece, so you'll need to be careful not to warp the base of the mandibles where they connect to the face.
Oh right, I remember that.
I probably shouldn't risk it..wish they would have just sculpted entirely new mandibles.

I don´t know exactly what your problem is about the mandibles, cause I like the new closed look.
The completely closed and "folded" look looked REALLY ugly and I like it how it looks as if they´re in the middle of growling, or something.
Cause it´s closed...but still an expression.
Are you ____ing kidding me? The closed mandible look from P2 was jaw-droppingly beautiful. Just truly amazing. THESE mandibles are not new at all. They were used on Snake, then again on Classic..and now on my favorite of all.

normal_bluray1090.jpg

I just sold my Guardian Predator (which is what I settled for since I just missed out on the original P2) about a month ago in preparation for this.

Back