Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

Good for those who miss the first release. I have the original and shall give this a pass. Not that I think it's no good though. I just believe its a better idea to use that money to get the Samurai Predator I have been considering. 2 different predators in my collection is better than 2 piece of the same or similar predator.

Anyone wanting an insight as to what Hot Toys will do with the new Pred figures look no further. Easily rehashed parts and a standard sculpt repainted to suit the design.
Yup..that pretty much sums it up.

Now, Let's see how much it costs. My bet is $225

I don't see any reuse except for the weapons, trophy, and maybe the medical kit. The rebreather too, but they're using metal wiring on it which is nice.

All of the armor looks brand-new (minus the parts we already saw on the Shadow Predator, but those were fresh sculpts as well).

Upon close inspection of the close-ups, it would appear the unmasked headsculpt is also entirely new. Not even the mandibles were reused from Shadow, because this one has those ridges at the base of the teeth. They only have the same general shape as Shadow's, which is a bit of a bummer, but that's the only minor gripe I have about this guy.

SO ORDERED!

I think it looks awesome. You guys really prefer this:
review_htpred2_1.jpg

To this?
562251_10150649820167344_58690437343_9476265_935314971_n.jpg

The sideshow ex is gotto be a willy skull cleaned up version.

You're pretty thick, did you even look at the pictures?

I have the original Predator 2 and Battle Damaged version.
This is clearly a poor rehash.
The head sculpt and accessories are lacking and worse than the originals.

I don't see any reuse except for the weapons, trophy, and maybe the medical kit. The rebreather too, but they're using metal wiring on it which is nice.

All of the armor looks brand-new (minus the parts we already saw on the Shadow Predator, but those were fresh sculpts as well).

Upon close inspection of the close-ups, it would appear the unmasked headsculpt is also entirely new. Not even the mandibles were reused from Shadow, because this one has those ridges at the base of the teeth. They only have the same general shape as Shadow's, which is a bit of a bummer, but that's the only minor gripe I have about this guy.

SO ORDERED!

don't you think his face looks too elongated with the shadow mandibles? It seem's his were pushed further upwards into his mouth and not a little "droopy".

No light up on the mask? awww... abit disappointed i thought there would be a light up feature... Yup alot of parts are just a reuse from previous

There is a light up feature on the mask.

Might I also mentioned they accurized certain parts of the figure? Notice the newly-sculpted adornments around his belt for instance.
Re-use? Only in the accessories department as I said, which is to be expected. There was nothing wrong with the old weapons and they've already fixed the only piece of gear that needed fixing (the rebreather) when Guardian came out.

don't you think his face looks too elongated with the shadow mandibles? It seem's his were pushed further upwards into his mouth and not a little "droopy".

The lower mandibles do need some work, but it's not enough to keep me from ordering the piece. Still looks great. The work on the head itself is more than excellent enough to make up for the mandibles -- and this guy looks way better with a closed mouth than Classic does IMO. I'll still display him with the mask, of course. Or maybe I'll actually switch it up with this figure. All of the options look fantastic, whereas Classic only looked good in a couple of them.

Not too impressed with the new sculpt, but the paint job is as good as ever. Bought for sure, but can't say I'm overwhelmed. Waiting for specs and hoping for it to be a new, taller body.

Might I also mentioned they accurized certain parts of the figure? Notice the newly-sculpted adornments around his belt. Re-use? Only in the accessories department as I said, which is to be expected. There was nothing wrong with the old weapons and they fixed the rebreather when Guardian came out, so everything is as it should be.

There's something about the mask that's bugging me or is it just me...I'm tired?:dunno

SO ORDERED!
The mandibles are somthing I noticed right away, annoying as hell since they're not really part of the character. The closed ones atleast..the opened can work. I would love somthing like the Smart Disc scene..or the needle squirting scene..

The mandibles are somthing I noticed right away, annoying as hell since they're not really part of the character. The closed ones atleast..the opened can work. I would love somthing like the Smart Disc scene..or the needle squirting scene..

Was there a smart disc with the original?

this p2 looks great to me,i see nothing to complain about.

Back