Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. If you could post some more pics so I can get a better look at it I'd appreciate it.

ive sold the proper thor ,and ported the bits and pieces thor onto a whiplash body ,but ill try to get some pics tommorrow cheers chris

Took a few more photos, including some macros of Mjolnir.

6563323947_d8e1c1994f_b.jpg
[/url] Thor macros 016 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

6563321397_0e90d28f97_b.jpg
[/url] mjolnir 03 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

6563159817_b6994e0986_b.jpg
[/url] Thor and Odin 01 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

6563159043_297c6ecd93_b.jpg
[/url] Thor by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

i dry brushed mine with silver crome paint ,it really brightend them up ,it helped to match the arms with the helmit a little better ,
Picture049-1.jpg
Picture050-1.jpg
Picture044-1.jpg

I'm totally digging the real hair. Can't believe no one has commented on it yet. I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know just how you did it. I've been wanting to do this to mine for ages. Thanks in advance if your willing to help.

AFM

hi thanks man :hi5:,real hair isnt everone cup of tea ,but ithink it helps distract from the neutral expresion of the face but ,hey your mileage may vairy :),all i did was get a spare helmet hair from ebay , coat 1 side of the parting with rubbery clear glue about halfway down the head ,then i got a doll ,i used a mattel high school musical blonde ,nice fine strands of hair and not all the same shade of blonde ,i cut long lenghts and spread it out and just pressed it on top of the glue ,let it dry and the same the other side ,glue some hair to cover the back ,when dry add more hair to the parting untill you get the look your happy with ,i would say add the hair in small ammounts to stop it looking too thick and wig like ,i added a small ammount of locks of hair at the front comeing forward ,so it will cover the moulded hair above the face of the head ,when dry trim the hair to how you want it replace the helmet and that flattens the hair.if you need more head movenent up and down you could always cut a inch off the helmet hair and that should give you more neck movement , anyway good luck i cant wait to see your results and the bottom line is it dosent dammage the head or the figure and you can put him back to stock by takeing of the helmet hair or just peel the hair and glue off .hope this helps ,greg did a fantasic job in this thread post 27 https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102417&page=3 LMK how it turns out ,by the way i love your movies lmk when thor makes his debut and plans for superman cheers chris:)

Hey bro,
Thanks so much. I think this will help a lot. I'm going to give it a go soon. I'll post pick afterward.
Glad you like the movies. I really looking forward to using Thor.

Thanks again my brother.:clap

AFM

hi thanks man :hi5:,real hair isnt everone cup of tea ,but ithink it helps distract from the neutral expresion of the face but ,hey your mileage may vairy :),all i did was get a spare helmet hair from ebay , coat 1 side of the parting with rubbery clear glue about halfway down the head ,then i got a doll ,i used a mattel high school musical blonde ,nice fine strands of hair and not all the same shade of blonde ,i cut long lenghts and spread it out and just pressed it on top of the glue ,let it dry and the same the other side ,glue some hair to cover the back ,when dry add more hair to the parting untill you get the look your happy with ,i would say add the hair in small ammounts to stop it looking too thick and wig like ,i added a small ammount of locks of hair at the front comeing forward ,so it will cover the moulded hair above the face of the head ,when dry trim the hair to how you want it replace the helmet and that flattens the hair.if you need more head movenent up and down you could always cut a inch off the helmet hair and that should give you more neck movement , anyway good luck i cant wait to see your results and the bottom line is it dosent dammage the head or the figure and you can put him back to stock by takeing of the helmet hair or just peel the hair and glue off .hope this helps ,greg did a fantasic job in this thread post 27 https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102417&page=3 LMK how it turns out ,by the way i love your movies lmk when thor makes his debut and plans for superman cheers chris:)

I'm totally digging the real hair. Can't believe no one has commented on it yet. I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know just how you did it. I've been wanting to do this to mine for ages. Thanks in advance if your willing to help.

AFM

It does look good, can we see more picts,closer still,minus the literal in hand ones?.:monkey3

Anyone think of changing the color on thor's chain mail shirt to a more silver look than grey? It seems a bit dull to me compared to the movie.
I painted the arms about 2 weeks ago, just haven't had the time to upload the pics. I also fixed the red cloth in the forearms guards b/c mine were coming unglued. I really like this figure though. It's grown on me a lot since Ive got him and then put him in the detolf.

Got Thor for Christmas yesterday & It's a very good figure. I like it just as is & don't feel the need for any of the mods. The hammer is quite heavy and with the loose boots makes it difficult to stand up, so I put a little super glue on the foot pegs on the boot side to stabilize it & that worked like a champ. Also, whoever folded the cape for packaging did a lousy job so I put a touch of glue on the very bottom of the capes' pleats to keep them together better. Thor looks great with his fellow Avengers & glad to have him in my display case.

displaycabinet2.jpg

displaycabinetsmall.jpg

Ok. I keep hearing people post about them but wasn't exactly sure what they were or where to get them. Thanks for the info bro.

:eek Holy ____ that's awesome. Makes me want to buy a Dutch body asap. Hopefully the Avengers Thor is sleeveless. I just don't see a way to make Thor's chainmail sleeves look good on a 1/6 figure. I've taken the sleeves off of mine, but his arms look a little puny. Thor should be BIG[/QUOTE]

I've been debating with myself whether or not to buy this figure. The picture above made the decision easy for me. I will hold off until a better release next year.

Anyone have issues with the longer neck?

Back