Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Hoping this goes on PO soon. Awesome figure. I read where someone stated the NL said it was going on PO soon. I haven't gotten the NL and I thought they came out every Thurs. I am new to HT and the NL so not sure yet. Do they usually come out on Thurs?

The HT newsletter hasn't come out in months I think... At least I didn't get it in months. I guess it's because they're having/had problems with their site...

The Sideshow newsletter however comes out every thursday and yes, they do say something about him going up for PO very soon.

The figure looks good to me. I like the detail on Hemsworth's face, very good likeness IMO. I like the helmet as well. :D

I think I'll pick this one up!

Awesome, buddy!! :rock :rock :rock

Re: Hot Toys MMS- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

I like this over all but the hair is really hurting it for me. It has the same problem the Dastan figure has, hair helmet. Its thinner on the sides which helps but the top and back of the head look really tall like they used one of those stupid hair bump things from the commercials.
37239_403510762343_58690437343_4769423_2121915_n.jpg
179346_491416852343_58690437343_6446276_5259264_n.jpg

bump-its_7-most-ridiculous-as-seen-on-tv-products.jpg

I personally like this "interpretation" of Thor more than the X-costumes we saw in those films.

x-men2.jpg

*snore*

At least they let him keep the cape and helmet!

By the way, these are starting to pop up on eBay for $150, for whatever that's worth.

Really digging the look of this figure.

I've never complained about an HT body being too thin, but in this case I think I have too. The figure seems thin, not only for the traditional comic Thor but for Chris Hemsworth as well. As someone pointed out, he's going to be the same size as Wolverine...?

Also the helmet, despite the cool design, makes his head look huge in comparison to the body. (I blame this on the body not the helmet.) The best looking pic, IMO, is the one where he's holding his helmet.

Still, it is a good design overall and I feel with the right pose I can make it look good in my detolf. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to pull off a Helmet-on pose that's to my liking. A shame since I was looking forward to posing him with his helmet on.

I really like the detail on the suit, but he's definitely scrawny in comparison to the real life. They should use an Arnold body for Thor!!

Hot toys did a great job matching the film costume, but I personally HATE the film design. He looks far too space age for my taste. The helmet is also designed far too large, it needs to be smaller.

I also agree that the hair-helmet sucks and wish he had a better expression.
I won't be picking this one up.

I really like the detail on the suit, but he's definitely scrawny in comparison to the real life. They should use an Arnold body for Thor!!

He's Thor, the God of Scrawn and Motorcycle Riding Attire.

His mission is to eradicate all who stand in the way of quality protein drinks and fabrication of black leather pants and boots.

the hairs looks ok. And the helmet looks like it rides a little high on the head. But since I haven't seen any movie shots of Thor with the helmet on, I'll reserve judgment till then.

Maybe it would look better with rooted hair...

The only problem I have is I wish they had not done the leather pants look. I prefer the whole chainmail look like in the current comics.

Looks awesome, I'm hoping for the cape to have wires for some awesome poses, and removable too.

Looks awesome, I'm hoping for the cape to have wires for some awesome poses, and removable too.

If his cape is removable, i'm letting King Leonidas borrow it for the day. :lol

The figure looks good to me. I like the detail on Hemsworth's face, very good likeness IMO. I like the helmet as well. :D

I think I'll pick this one up!

It's official, you are addicted to HT :lol

If his cape is removable, i'm letting King Leonidas borrow it for the day. :lol

Costume:
- One (1) detachable red-colored cape

King Leo is getting his cape.

It's official, you are addicted to HT :lol

I will not attempt to disagree with that statement. :lol

Seriously, not only is collecting HT more fun than statues, it's freaking crazy ass addictive, it's just horrible :lol

I like this over all but the hair is really hurting it for me. It has the same problem the Dastan figure has, hair helmet. Its thinner on the sides which helps but the top and back of the head look really tall like they used one of those stupid hair bump things from the commercials.
37239_403510762343_58690437343_4769423_2121915_n.jpg
179346_491416852343_58690437343_6446276_5259264_n.jpg

bump-its_7-most-ridiculous-as-seen-on-tv-products.jpg

Agree! The issue for me is definitely the hair. Although I plan on having the helmet on mine all the time. That's Thor to me. I really want to see some more pics though and see how the helmet looks. If it comes out like Leonidas than I have no issue.

I personally like this "interpretation" of Thor more than the X-costumes we saw in those films.

x-men2.jpg

*snore*

At least they let him keep the cape and helmet!

By the way, these are starting to pop up on eBay for $150, for whatever that's worth.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I wondered how they were going to accomplish Thor and Captain America. I think they pulled Thor off great and I like the costume. The Cap one seems to be coming along nicely as well. I think that's a fine line the creators of these films have to walk. Too much comic influence in there and it seems cheesy or something right off the bat.

I liked the first 2 X-men films but I didn't care for the all black jumpsuits. Took a lot of what I loved about the X-men out of the characters.

The Thor figure looks really good, but I dont like the movie costume design. Ill pass this one.

wow, over $200+ for a new Non DX. It's a pass for me.

Back