Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Meh......not really impressed. Good thing for everyone who likes Thor.

Re: Hot Toys MMS- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Looks pretty cool and the helmet is awesome. Idk if I'm gonna get this one depends on the price and how the movie turns out.

Only 20 figures. You must be new to this collecting world. Multiply that by 10 and your close to the number of figures I have and have had. Not bragging, mind you. It's an awefully expensive addiction.
Yea I'm new to collecting them but I've known about HT for years, just didnt really truly want anything til berserker. And i only buy what I really want.

Light on accesories, maybe another HS. If over $140 an easy pass.

Then it's a pass, I'll be shocked if it's $149.99. Happy even.

Awesome definitely gonna buy. Although I do have to say in some of those pics he looks cross eyed.

Then it's a pass, I'll be shocked if it's $149.99. Happy even.
Yeah, I'm thinking this will be akin to Wolverine, price-wise, since he has the muscle body and metal hammer. I think Wolvie went for $170 or so when he was available at retail. Figuring a bit of inflation, this could be even higher. But I expect something around there.

The sculpt and outfit both look great. I suppose if I have only one complaint, it would be the re-use of the wolverine/comedian/dastan/royce muscle body for Thor. Thor is going to be the same size as Wolverine, man.
How did you find that out?

body armor looks a little cheap (and by cheap I mean still very good and still 100% buy haha...) Nice figure - looking good!

If it wasn't for the Avengers movie coming out this would be a pass. Not a big Thor fan, but because the Avengers movie is coming out that means there will be other figures of the characters. So the complete-ist in me needs to get this to have my Avengers team together. So for now this is a must buy for me.

Figure looks pretty good. Expecting this to be around 130 to 150 price range. This isn't on my original list of Hot Toys to purchase in 2011 so really the movie has to be next level for me to cave..

Not familiar with Hemsworth but when I look at that face, I certainly see Captain Kirk's Dad from the movie so they must have done a great job with the likeness.
Not a fan of the detachable hair for the helmet. makes me think of a wig. and Thor with a wig is just plain wrong.

Not familiar with Hemsworth but when I look at that face, I certainly see Captain Kirk's Dad from the movie so they must have done a great job with the likeness.
Not a fan of the detachable hair for the helmet. makes me think of a wig. and Thor with a wig is just plain wrong.

Hemsworth wore a wig for the film ;)

Anyway, I'm definitely getting this figure!! Never knew much about Thor, still don't actually, but I really like the design of this. I can't wait to add this to my shelf next to the Mk IV! :rock :rock :rock

Looks like a buy... I'll wait till I see the film to decide though.

I'm with you Flosi. :exactly:

I'm not a Thor fan but I actually think this film is going to be better than Captain America this summer. I think it will surprise.

Figure looks really good and the sculpt is brilliant.

Surprised to see it in Q2. This may beat ghost rider and Mark vi.

This is a instant buy, no matter how the movie sucked or not.

IMHO something about the overall costume just doesn't feel right. (At least the Capt America costume design look more acceptable)

Maybe cause it makes him too slim? I saw some interview with Chris Hemsworth and he seemed pretty ripped for the film. Hot Toys should have used a better body type, then perhaps he would look a lot better.

I wonder if you can remove the under armor and leave him sleeveless and closer to the Ultimate's Thor look with a beefier body type. As much as id love a full Avengers set, i might have to pass on this unless its dirt cheap.

Beautiful.

Cant wait to see the film so I understand what that background represents ,'cause right now all I see is the Fortress of Solitude.

Its probably a backdrop for the scene with the frost giants of Jotunheim who were the main adversaries of the Asgardians. Yeah im a Marvel geek. LOL

As I've said before I love it. Do wish we had a few more hands and a sculpted head with the helm but overall this figure fraking kicks ass.

Figure looks awesome. Only thing I'm noticing is the length of the wings on the helmet. They seem just a tiny bit too long. I'm still copping so I can display it next to Mark IV and Cap when it releases. Great job by HT!

Back