Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI for people wanting to switch out Thor's body with one of the muscular ones. I received my ACI Andrew body and sad to report that it won't fit the armor without any major modifications to the body itself. I think the waist is too bulky.

Just to see what the arms would look like with the chainmail shirt on, there's no noticeable difference in terms of bulk and definition from the stock body arms. Also, the ACI arms aren't that impressive if you try going sleeveless.

With all switching I managed to tear the seam of the shirt. It's barely noticeable but enough to warrant ending this mod. I'll stick to the Crazy Dummy body suit.

Even in his bulked up state, he's still not tall enough when standing next to my Mark VI. So... I ended up PO'ing the Avengers version.

Guess even Kaustic Plastik one won't be good for him then. Let's see. Personally, I do not like the Avengers costume. Think I'll end up displaying him with the Avengers body+vest+head, rest everything from the movie Thor.

Hmm, I honestly think I might prefer this head sculpt to the Avengers version, as of now anyway. He's not perfect, but Hot Toys really did a great job on the figure.

Guess even Kaustic Plastik one won't be good for him then. Let's see. Personally, I do not like the Avengers costume. Think I'll end up displaying him with the Avengers body+vest+head, rest everything from the movie Thor.

I do have a KP heroic body on order and was hoping to use that but the armor wasn't really made to accommodate anything larger than a normal TT. The beauty of the Crazy Dummy suit is that it didn't bulk up anything else but the arms and thighs, possibly a bit of the chest, and left the waist size as is.

The color scheme of version 1 is definitely closer to the current comic design. Only thing I don't like with the Avengers version are the pants. I know they took the color cue from his classic look, but I'm not too keen on the red striping and looseness.

I'll just use the KP body for something else like a Steve Rogers figure or something.

I couldn't resist, got a good deal from a fellow freak and grabbed this Thor. I honestly just love the head sculpt and the helmet look. I'll have to track down that Crazy Dummy suit.

I do have a KP heroic body on order and was hoping to use that but the armor wasn't really made to accommodate anything larger than a normal TT. The beauty of the Crazy Dummy suit is that it didn't bulk up anything else but the arms and thighs, possibly a bit of the chest, and left the waist size as is.

The color scheme of version 1 is definitely closer to the current comic design. Only thing I don't like with the Avengers version are the pants. I know they took the color cue from his classic look, but I'm not too keen on the red striping and looseness.

I'll just use the KP body for something else like a Steve Rogers figure or something.

You could still use the arms of the KP body and transplant them on the original thor body.

I did this with mine ( I used the barney ross body but they are the same as the KP body)
Simple mods and really effective.

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

You could still use the arms of the KP body and transplant them on the original thor body.

I did this with mine ( I used the barney ross body but they are the same as the KP body)
Simple mods and really effective.

Your Thor is sublime. My problem is with "transplanting" part. I don't know if I have the skills to disassemble a newly released 1:6th body. I actually haven't disassembled any 1:6th bodies. :(

I was going to leave my Thor alone, but I know as soon as I get him I'm going to want to mod the helmet. Eventually get some muscular arms for him and go sleeveless, that just looks so bad ass.

That looks glorious. I would bet at some point we will get a re-release of V1 Thor with padded arms, better HS, and correct proportions before Thor 2 comes out.

That looks glorious. I would bet at some point we will get a re-release of V1 Thor with padded arms, better HS, and correct proportions before Thor 2 comes out.

Yeah. I called that one ever since the HS on the Avengers Thor was redone.

Why do you need to shave the chest down, it looks fine in the pics? Or will it not close up in the back of the armor?

Why do you need to shave the chest down, it looks fine in the pics? Or will it not close up in the back of the armor?

Yes. Unfortunately the Dutch figure has serious manboobies. As long as one doesn't pull back the cape to your point it cannot be noticed. But in order to get the back to close back up aligned properly it needs to be cut down.

If I remember correctly, Seb just used the arms and not the full torso.

He used T-800 arms with the Thor body and also a Dutch body with modded chest.

Those who will be using the new KP body will have to mod the chest quiet a lot to make the armor fit.

Here's another one I mad eusing the original thor body but with T-800 arms, those are the same that the barney ross body and the future KP body.

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

Here's another one using the Dutch body with the chest heavily reduced to fit the armor.

thor.jpg

Back