Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nova, can you please repost pics here? I didn't have FB=)

Pic by Rudy Hartanto (WIP)

545710_3982900693277_138081110_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. This is one of my favorite mods. I can't stop looking at it. If anybody wants to do this mod and is too worried about doing themselves I'd be happy to do it for you.

That's a lot of trust, sending a $200.00 figure to someone you've never met, but I have good feedback on this board for buying and selling and my eBay feedback is 100% positive jimjedi3002.

As long as you cover the shipping I'd be happy to do it for cheap. PM me and let's talk.

I have no desire to have it done to mine, as I like the seamless neck, but that's very cool of you. :duff

After seeing this pic from that Gantry thingamabob i want Doc Ock

ca0fce50.jpg

______

pic by Rudy Hartanto (complete)

547078_3988638316714_427559694_n.jpg

Is that guy Rudy here on these boards? I'd like to ask him about this mod. Anyone know what his "handle" might be?

I give you much props :clap to battle damaging up your spidey there's NO WAY I could ever hurt SPIDEY..........

Thanks bro. The trick is to cut it at the right spot to insure there is enough fabric to overlap the head and enough, without stretching the neck out, to cover th neck post.

Do you have pics to show exactly where you cut? Or can you photoshop on a pic to show at what points? Also, what glue did you use? Awesome work.

Do you have pics to show exactly where you cut? Or can you photoshop on a pic to show at what points? Also, what glue did you use? Awesome work.

Yes. I took OMG's pics and added the marker lines.
View attachment 47507View attachment 47508View attachment 47509View attachment 47510

Always use your better judgement. This is the line I settled on because it gave the mask fabric enough room to be pulled tight without messing up its integrity. Also the neck fabric is a bit baggy so when it's pulled tight it gives more definition to the neck. I would like pull the chest fabric up and close to the bottom of the neck then to slightly glue the neck fabric to the bottom so it looks tighter to the neck.

I used Loctite super glue profession strength but very little. I took a tooth pick and dipped it in a small drop and rubbed it on the inside of the head to tack it down but just enough otherwise the webbing pulls away from the eyes and leave gaps. I glued the neck fabric in the same way, with a tooth pick and very little glue or it will stain the fabric black as it sticks to the black plastic.

Don't forget to tilt the head up so you can get a nice even line. Sharp scissors worked best for me.

I'm wondering how is it that with all the great modders out there, there hasn't been one single Spidey with Tobey HS holding his mask...?

Thanks butters.

Marvelous. I can only speak for myself so I'll explain it like this. I only bought one spiderman. In order to have the traditional spiderman look and a reveal look you have to keep the mask on the original spidey head. Easier for swapping and returning to the first look. You would have to buy a second spiderman figure to keep the spiderman look and buy an additional one for the reveal look so you could use the mask as a prop by removing it from the head.

Not very cost effective.

It's not like the black spidey where you can buy an extra head on eBay and take the mask off as a prop.

Thanks butters.

Marvelous. I can only speak for myself so I'll explain it like this. I only bought one spiderman. In order to have the traditional spiderman look and a reveal look you have to keep the mask on the original spidey head. Easier for swapping and returning to the first look. You would have to buy a second spiderman figure to keep the spiderman look and buy an additional one for the reveal look so you could use the mask as a prop by removing it from the head.

Not very cost effective.

It's not like the black spidey where you can buy an extra head on eBay and take the mask off as a prop.

What about the symbiote Spidey then? That would be cost effective, no? And plus he does take off the mask in SM3, so how about a symbiote SM with Tobey head holding the mask taken off the masked head? Come to think of it, I might try it actually.

I really need to get this Spiderman. I don't know about the mod though. I'd be to scared to mess up. Wish someone would put up a DIY video on YouTube.

What about the symbiote Spidey then? That would be cost effective, no? And plus he does take off the mask in SM3, so how about a symbiote SM with Tobey head holding the mask taken off the masked head? Come to think of it, I might try it actually.

Yes. That would be a great idea. I am hoping to do that soon but spending $50.00 for an extra head just to have a mask isn't high in my priority list. I'm hoping they come down in price a bit.

Back