Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what about make his mask? Some red rubber, cut and saw it in good shape, paint web, some how make eyes? I think that will by enought for good feel...

You would have to buy a second spiderman figure to keep the spiderman look and buy an additional one for the reveal look so you could use the mask as a prop by removing it from the head.

That is what I ended up doing, as I much prefer the classic red & blue... Managed to snag 2 for decent prices right here on the Freaks board-

spidey1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

spidey3.jpg

Sallah

I have just secured me one of these (along with an Exclusive Black-Suit version) from a friend. He is fairly local so I can collect personally and a good guy, having already supplied me with three figures (movie THOR and the recent 1989 BATMAN and JOKER)

I am so stoked as I missed this originally. Getting this complete for £200 which is approx $310 so I am totally stoked! It may seem like more, but the import tax I'd pay (plus the lovely FEDEX 'handling' charge) would easily push this way up.

:eek: That's more than double the retail price. But it's a nice figure, so :hi5:

Not over here it's not! Not exactly a straw-poll but this is an example....

[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Man-Movie-Masterpiece-Action-Figure/dp/B004FTP2EG/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1338975686&sr=1-1-fkmr2"]The kind of prices UK buyers face for our collections...[/ame]

If you think that is bad, check out....

[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006OW8B68/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1JTZNH9XO6AJO"]...the postage and packing on this 'Bargain' figure![/ame]
which to me is a totally ludicrous way to try and drag a customer in...do they seriously assume people just don't look at the P+P prices? Madness!!

The figure has appreciated a little for the moment, at least until the new SPIDERMAN movie. If that really tanks, this figure will probably increase and push it out of my range, trust me, in the UK for this £200 is a good price!

Last edited:
Ahhh, import tax. Ouch. Maybe if you purchased it earlier, one of those Ebay dealers might have been able to help you out with that :naughty

& yeah, I'm kinda excited for the new Spidey movie & figure. Looks cool to me so far :D

If you think that is bad, check out....

...the postage and packing on this 'Bargain' figure!
which to me is a totally ludicrous way to try and drag a customer in...do they seriously assume people just don't look at the P+P prices? Madness!!

Indeed, that seller has a Cap America for £75 too and a 1989 Batman for £156 but with postage it makes them quite expensive (well Cap seems expensive considering he goes for very little on eBay).

Congrats on the Spidey purchase, would love to get me one but not enough to spend big on him, I have a Jack Sparrow DX to pay off, Hawkeye, Avengers Thor and Avengers Cap PLUS I need to prepare for Black Widow, Hulk, Joker and new Batman:(Oh and Bane!

I need a second job, then once I have that, I need a third job.:lol

Originally Posted by kingellesar

I need a second job, then once I have that, I need a third job.

LOL You ain't kiddin.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I am lucky, whilst he is not SSC, my supplier is a friend so he will allow me to pay it off on the 'never-never'!

To our U.S. Freaks not familiar with that phrase, it basically means...

"Never seem to finish paying, Never seems like you'll ever own it!" :rotfl

Did someone try or think about turn him into comics Spidey?? Paint red part into more bright red, blue little brighter, web painted into white and little mod eyes? I really love to have really good 1:6 comics Spidey!

Did someone try or think about turn him into comics Spidey?? Paint red part into more bright red, blue little brighter, web painted into white and little mod eyes? I really love to have really good 1:6 comics Spidey!

The poll is now closed. Result: you try it out first.

No, but Medicom made a pretty nice (based on pics) 1/6 comic Spidey.

EDIT: Nevermind...just watched a couple video reviews...not so nice LOL!

Last edited:
I tried jedijim3002's mod aaaaannddd...not so good results LOL!

I cut too low on the front of the neck and it was all down hill from there. SO I had to pull the suit up to cover the neck post. I had planned to replace this one as this suit had seen better days, but I'm still disappointed in my work.

I also did a pretty ____ty job glueing the mask up...hoorah!

023b5342.jpg

I cut too low on the front of the neck and it was all down hill from there. SO I had to pull the suit up to cover the neck post. I had planned to replace this one as this suit had seen better days, but I'm still disappointed in my work.

023b5342.jpg

Sorry to hear that:( but from your pic it actually don't look bad. I think the parker head does look better on the r&b spidy but I would never attempt this mod myself cause I'm more of a mint in and out of box collector. Maybe since it did'nt go well you could remove the mask from the head and put it in his hand and commit the the unmasked look(not a mistake but a happy accendent):D

023b5342.jpg

Well, that does not look anything like as bad as you say! Some slightly closer pictures would be better, some folks planning this could learn from it perhaps?

You're a brave soul and I don't think anyone would ridicule you for trying it..you are certainly braver than me UltraM and that's for sure!

Just one question though, in the photo at the hip/thigh area, there are markings on both sides of the figure. Is this staining or fading...is this the "having seen better days" thing you mentioned?

Final opinion...Looks good to me, closer pictures if possible please :clap

I think those markings are really just reflected light. My superman pics had weired marks but nothing on the figure itself. Then I noticed the "marks" when reflecting light in certain ways.

Thanks for the positive words, guys. It's a good from far, far from good kind of thing lol. If displayed correctly, it's fine. I'm not too upset about it. As the Spidey head looks really bad on it, I might fully commit and cut some more fabric from the neck, removing the turtle neck look. I'll add in a regular tt neck. If it all goes bad, I'll just Throw everything on eBay and see what I get.

Yes, the markings on the legs are light reflection. The issues with this one are broken ankle joints, the suit pulling away from the left boot, the right sleeve being too long.

Back