Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive eczamurai.

I don't think anyone could get him closer than that.

vq5pv9.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

9tiyxk.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

Although I still maintain the RAH is more dynamic (especially in the first pose) you have fully earned this:

winternet.jpg

:D

9tiyxk.jpg

Didnt do the third one, because I didnt feel like it and I thought these would prove it can be done anyway.

Anyway, I feel the first pic isnt perfect, but the second one IMO actually looks better than the Medi pose. I didnt take any time to perfect it.

A HA! I KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE! Thanks for taking the time my good man! Does the stand actually support those poses though?

Personally, I don't think you will be sorry.

Problem is, my medicom figures kind of went through hell. I documented my story of what happened to my collection in the introduction forum. My black suited spidey has a broken left arm. Red and Blue spidey is missing one of his hands...and his left arm isn't broke, but doesn't seem to wanna hold a pose. So, I don't know if I could get much out of them. I was considering throwing them up on the for sale forum for around a $100 for both.

A HA! I KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE! Thanks for taking the time my good man! Does the stand actually support those poses though?

Put in one of the sideshow holders in the stand like I did.

The Hot Toys crotch stand doesnt hold it, but you can just push the sideshow waste thing in the hot toys stand. See the pic. :)

Problem is, my medicom figures kind of went through hell. I documented my story of what happened to my collection in the introduction forum. My black suited spidey has a broken left arm. Red and Blue spidey is missing one of his hands...and his left arm isn't broke, but doesn't seem to wanna hold a pose. So, I don't know if I could get much out of them. I was considering throwing them up on the for sale forum for around a $100 for both.

I took a hefty loss on those when I sold them. No one wants them now.

9tiyxk.jpg

Didnt do the third one, because I didnt feel like it and I thought these would prove it can be done anyway.

Anyway, I feel the first pic isnt perfect, but the second one IMO actually looks better than the Medi pose. I didnt take any time to perfect it.

:clap :clap :clap

Dude - that is brilliant.

Does anyone know of any other figures that use the same wrist peg as Spidey? I am not talking about red ones even. Since the suit can cover the peg, I wanted to put standard pegs in his extra hands... But none of the other pegs I tried could fit. The little rings on the wrist stem of the spidey peg are much smaller than every other wrist peg I have. Was this peg unique to this release?

Sallah

Hi, I'm looking at getting this figure. Just wanted to get opinions on how fragile the suit is, and whether swapping the hands causes any issues with the suit along the arms.

With the Hot Toys figures I have, I've always struggled to swap out the hands, and find that I need to grip the arms really tight with one hand and pull the hand out (or push a new hand in) with my other hand.

I was terrified when I tried this with the DX05 Indy cos I was worried about damaging the jacket.

So just wanted to get a feel for how fragile the suit is, and how easy it is to swap the hands.

Thanks!

In my experience, the more you mess with the wrist the more chances you take on breaking them. I've had mine since its release and haven't broken the first one yet. I've only changed the hands once and I was careful to make sure the holes were lined up and that the pegs stayed straight when I pushed everything together.

As for the costume, it doesn't pick as bad as the CR Superman, but I wear Rubber gloves now whenever I handle a figure with material that may snag.

As for poses, I've seen some great ones, but I want my figure to last so I keep mine in pretty close to a neutral position most of the time.

I haven't had any problems with designs coming off, off spider emblem, or bumps of material.

I think over all he's a great figure.

I can't believe the figure is so much on Ebay. With no head sculpt, this figure shouldn't be anywhere near 200. Even the original 150 seemed high to me.

I can't believe the figure is so much on Ebay. With no head sculpt, this figure shouldn't be anywhere near 200. Even the original 150 seemed high to me.

Looks like the best deal I can get off a top rated ebay seller is the following:

- Hot Toys Spiderman 3
- Hot Toys Classic Predator
- Hot Toys CR Superman

Total including EMS Shipping: $704

This equates to about $235 for each figure. Is this too much, or is that a reasonable deal for these three?

Thanks,
Khai

In my experience, the more you mess with the wrist the more chances you take on breaking them. I've had mine since its release and haven't broken the first one yet. I've only changed the hands once and I was careful to make sure the holes were lined up and that the pegs stayed straight when I pushed everything together.

I don't even want to use my red ones... just in case. I would be perfectly fine using the skin-toned pegs from another figure and just using the suit to cover them, but I can't find any pegs that are the same as the Spidey ones. :(

Sallah

Back