Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No hairdryer, no sandpaper, no broken pegs here either.

That said, I think filing them down is a good idea. However, I would leave one of the sets mint for resale purposes.

With all my 1/6 collection, this is the only figure that I had a peg broke while posing. And I've hardly posed this figure also. I have futz and changed hands on a bunch of figures but this is the first that busted a dang peg while simply trying to pose him On his ledge. Now I can't use one of his hands cause the peg is stuck in one of his hands.

So there's gotta be something to this red pegs being brittle.

Yeah, the red pegs are terrible. I broke 3 of those pegs....

Luckily, the DX BL figure came with some extra pegs and I just used those.

A trick to getting the pegs out of the hands is using a thumb tack. I found one laying around, and stuck it in and the broken peg came right out.

I pose the crap out of all my figures, and so far with ONLY spidey did 2 already break, at which point I decided to sand down the other 2 to prevent a handless spidey.

Works like a charm now.

Yeah, the red pegs are terrible. I broke 3 of those pegs....

Luckily, the DX BL figure came with some extra pegs and I just used those.

A trick to getting the pegs out of the hands is using a thumb tack. I found one laying around, and stuck it in and the broken peg came right out.

thanks for the tip. I'll try to this tonight when I get home.

I eagerly await the opportunity to do a post with side-by-side comparisons with these poses:

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

Can hot toys pull off these poses? I'm so gonna try.

I'm sorry, but I still don't believe it can be done. Perhaps there is a Hot Toys version of all those poses that you or I could achieve, but no way they will be that dynamic/realistic. Especially not the first one.

Don't get me wrong. I love this figure. And I think the True Type is the best all around body on the market, but the RAH body really is more dynamic. It's also more fragile.

And you'd be right. The RAH body is the best pose-able body there is. Just happens to be the most fragile. (at least it used to be)

I eagerly await the opportunity to do a post with side-by-side comparisons with these poses:

I'm sorry, but I still don't believe it can be done. Perhaps there is a Hot Toys version of all those poses that you or I could achieve, but no way they will be that dynamic/realistic. Especially not the first one.

Don't get me wrong. I love this figure. And I think the True Type is the best all around body on the market, but the RAH body really is more dynamic. It's also more fragile.

Well, I got him in those poses in my hand at least. But I dont own the stand he uses, so gravity pulls him out of the poses a little.

But sure, I gladly take the challenge.

What do I win if I succeed? :D

Well, I got him in those poses in my hand at least. But I dont own the stand he uses, so gravity pulls him out of the poses a little.

But sure, I gladly take the challenge.

What do I win if I succeed? :D

Our admiration... now do the last pose. That's the one I intended to do. I think it's possible.

Back