Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100 pages after release? Hope HT read this thread and see the love of their spidey and give us black spidey, a DX or even Venom SOON!!! :pigfly:

My photobucket never went from 0 to 100% in a day before, not even the T-800 vs T-1000 thread that I made with crab load of photos .... must be the sun. :panic:

Just keeps getting better.

6f1312acgw1dir941gob4j.jpg

11070300145225248169c4bf10.jpg

1107022228ecb8f48b2ec09e8e.jpg

It's Here! Been futzing with for about an hour now, and I have to say iMO, this SPIDER-MAN 3 FROM Hot Toys is a piece of...............Art!

Right when you take it out of box it feels solid piece, kinda like when you picked up the Iron Man Mark IV, it felt like a very solid figure right.

The Suit: It feels like a mesh/Lycra/spandex type of material almost like a type of bodystocking, but very form fitting almost like a thin layer of leather against his body. However it stretches really well, like cloth. the area which i'll label his pants, is very,very flexible. If anyone has the bruce lee and has put him in the dark jumpsuit it's that flexible, so far the pics that you see, you can't see how stretchable and flexible the pants or blue parts of suit move, you can stretch the legs just as far as any other TT, more so, than with bruce lee in both his jumpsuit and karate pants.

The cloth boots, not really, more of same feel, a mesh lycra style fit to it. it flexes perfectly with the ball jointed foot of a truetype, however you can't get the foot to completely face with the toes pointing down, it flexes down to about a angle, still good for Spidey poses. If you flex the foot too much, the webbing could mess up a little but just futz with it and your good. No toe flex.

The webbing: Genius, it feels like rubber and lycra to the touch but very smooth almost . So this is my observation, the only way I see this deterrating over some time is if you constantly take your thumb and rub against the webbing, and I just don't mean just graze it, I mean rub against it like you're using an eraser that can cause it to wore out, but who is really going to do that unless you're trying to get him to "cop a field". My advice, is just when you start posing, just grab and shift the blue parts of the figure, it will be like posing with a TT with an outfit on, but not as stiff, just move the blue parts like you would move joints of the SSC snake eyes to pose him, it flows naturally with the joint movements.

The body: It is a TT advanced (for you collectors) ball jointed shoulders ball jointed neck, double jointed knees that can bend and flex to a yoga stance, double jointed arms so you can cross them people wolverine style, and the arms enough to touch his shoulders, swivel biceps swivel hips although the knees don't swivel like SSC body does, but oh well. the feet are ball jointed, but obvisously don't turn 360 degrees because of the boots , but you can flex them back and forth, side to side. the waist can turn back and forth, side to side with the ab crutch joint as added as well. The Joint is extremely flexible, you can really swivel almost like a real neck joint, and when you move it left to right it stops right around a human neck stops, creative, this is got to be the most lifelike movement Hot Toys non detachable head I ever had. But because of mask material, when you bend to far the mak will bunch up, no problem, just straighten out again. The shoulder flex is amazing, you can swivel it forward and back just like a human, bending and crossing their arms, that is why they didn't use the bruce lee, because of the musclecular material they used would restrict the shoulders from crossing, good choice HT,

The Eyes. where talking unreal, I think they were first sewn on the mask itself, then brows made of plastic were glued to the edges of the eyes, and then I think a plastic plate was glued on top of that, the result,a reflective piece of plastic in any type of light, and because of the original texture was sewn in, the pattern shows right through the plastic eye plates so it's almost like a see through texture., very clear and almost transparent looking. That's all I have for now I'm gonna start futzing with the accessories now. the webs and different hands. so I'll get back to that later.

Imao, it handles like the medicom spider-man 2 figure, for anyone who has it including me, almost the same feel and texture between the two suits, but absolutely more detailed and molded to fit like a human being wearing a costume if that makes sense. It's got the definite stamp of a TT body from HT's which is excellent, and because the way the outfit was sewn on, it really gives that animalistic skin texture to the outfit, very impressive, and because of that look, it definately looks like a 1/6 scale version of tobey in the spidey suit from Spider-man 3.

The posability is there, I would just try to grab and contort the blue fabric more in handling it into poses. I'm not like a Michael Crawford reviewer, I'm just giving you my opinions on the piece.
:clap

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy!

This figure can say bye bye to it's retail price. Looks like this will be insanely popular and hard to find for a decent price quick.

Ok, the first set of pictures made me feel bad for the people who got this but now I feel bad for me not getting it. Damn, It looks really nice! Better than the proto, for sure!

Does anyone know how to post expanded shots on this forum, like everybody is doing, I'm taking pics right now, but they always seem small, need help. Help me SS freaks....your my only hope :dunno

OK I ordered from Sideshow with the Flexpay option. Never used that before. Damn its gonna be a longer wait to get the figure till the last payment is done but I just wanted to make sure I'd have it for sure before the only options are hiked ebay prices.

Does anyone know how to post expanded shots on this forum, like everybody is doing, I'm taking pics right now, but they always seem small, need help. Help me SS freaks....your my only hope :dunno

Use photobucket.com to upload pics. Then you click the
insertimage.gif
and paste the url

Hey looks like Spidey is using the leg muscle attachment? is that glued to the leg or moving?

I'll say it again I can't believe how quickly and completely this figure went from looking pretty crap in initial in-hand photos to looking absolutely awesome and essential once the pics with the good poses and lighting started appearing.

Back