Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still annoys me that there is no web design, its just a freaking grid. Mask looks like Pinhead.

Still look like a basketball

If you think this looks like a basketball then you need to have your eyes examined:

the-amazing-spiderman-is-a-basketball_1.png

..or maybe you don't.

If you think this looks like a basketball then you need to have your eyes examined:

the-amazing-spiderman-is-a-basketball_1.png

..or maybe you don't.

What is the big idea behind changing the costume. I don't think it happened in the comics other than (I guess) the shape of the Spider on the chest and back. Moreover, poor Parker is no Wayne who can hire the world's best fashion designer(s) and get his costume made to order. In fact he cannot even afford a regular tailor! Didn't he design and create the costume on his own (in the first movie or otherwise)?

Guess since is economy is (supposedly) doing better now, our new Spidey is earning big bucks as a freelance photographer and finally can go for a tailor made Gucci! But wait, isn't that suit from their 2011 Sports collection! :)

Spider-Man looks best in his original costume and most of all the simpler his costume is the better it looks! And, Hot Toys has hit the nail on the head!

Last edited:
That would be like Nolan putting bunny ears on Batman and saying he did it to distance himself from the Burton films.

Its just a bad design, in my opinion anyway.

And still looks lame.

I couldn't agree with you any more...I'm surprised that I'm not seeing more complaints about the suit...the old one is iconic, this one is garbage. OMG great shots you sir are a very talented photographer! I was looking forward to this when I saw the protos after OMG's I'm ridiculosly excited for this....hurry up SS!!

Yes, let us bicker over which tights look best!

Kinda a hard sell no matter how it's designed. Ain,t gonna judge as many costumes look silly in set pics.

Yes, let us bicker over which tights look best!

Kinda a hard sell no matter how it's designed. Ain,t gonna judge as many costumes look silly in set pics.

I remember seeing the movie poster for the original and being blown away by how good it looked...this suit looks terrible regardless of where the pic is from, plus does this franchise need a reboot?

I like the new suit. But i can still laugh at it!

spider-man-basketball.jpg

14_spiderman-wide_560x830.jpg
Seeing this makes me think about the Kobe comment and how true it really is.

When I saw pics of the new spidey suit I almost threw up. Then I saw the crouched action pose and said ok maybe it will work. Then I saw the on set shots and thought, what is a professional ice skater doing with a fetish mask on in the middle of the street in new York? Seriously? Did they use the same costume designer as the one from Blades of Glory?

In any case I'm just glad we finally got an awesome figure, of the film that started it all, costume. A franchise that set the bar for superhero movies. Now that we have this figure we can happily bash the new costume. But I'll probably still buy the basketball figure when he comes out. It will probably translate very well to a figure, even though it won't look that great in the movie. Case and point the New Goblin figure.

So, I'm looking on ebay and there are people that are bidding on spidey with a HK dealer, why, they're already around $190 us dollars with 3 hrs to go, some of these Hk sellers have it at buy it now $199.95, granted it is steep, but if your going to chance it, why not just buy it now, and secure it, instead of wasting time in a bidding war where you know it might end with the person who won paying more than $200. And it still doesn't include shipping.

I mean people have to realize that if you win with a bid that's around $180, yeah that's cheaper, but with shipping it still comes out to $215-220, does that make sense to you, then if they use buy it now for $200 with shipping comes to around $230-$250, big deal they say $10 if they win a bid, I spend more on that in gas for my car, does that make sense, why bid, just buy it now, if you want to go that way. :lecture

Unless they think they get free shipping by bidding, newsflash, no Hk sellers is offering free shipping in any auction for spidey now.

Here's something one Hk auction has it up to $185 with 3 hrs left with a seller that only has 120 feedback responses :lol

Last edited:
So, I'm looking on ebay and there are people that are bidding on spidey with a HK dealer, why, they're already around $190 us dollars with 3 hrs to go, some of these Hk sellers have it at buy it now $199.95, granted it is steep, but if your going to chance it, why not just buy it now, and secure it, instead of wasting time in a bidding war where you know it might end with the person who won paying more than $200. And it still doesn't include shipping.

I mean people have to realize that if you win with a bid that's around $180, yeah that's cheaper, but with shipping it still comes out to $215-220, does that make sense to you, then if they use buy it now for $200 with shipping comes to around $230-$250, big deal they say $10 if they win a bid, I spend more on that in gas for my car, does that make sense, why bid, just buy it now, if you want to go that way. :lecture

I wouldn't pay that much for a figure I can still pre-order at retail for much less. A matter of waiting a few weeks :cuckoo:

Your money. Your time.

But do this twice and you're down $200. That's a whole other figure.

I wouldn't pay that much for a figure I can still pre-order at retail for much less. A matter of waiting a few weeks :cuckoo:

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

That being said, lets not forget that there are still many very wealthy individuals out there in this world who could care less how much the Tumbler is going for, if they want one they certainly can easily afford it.

But for a poor slob like me scraping to be able to own one of his childhood heros, yup.....you are 100% on the money, saving every dollor counts :lol

Back