Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think the hands should have been articulated just like iron man's and then covered it with fabric attached along with the body..it looks too obvious that the hands are plastic and body clothed..

putting that issue aside I honestly think that Spidey looks great..its not easy getting perfect stitching in 1/6 scale, with proper futzing and TT posing adjustments I'm sure it'll look like a smoooooth spidey.

In fact I'm surprised they could even successfully print the spidey patterns on the cloth. great job HT!

The fabric would be too bulky over fingers to look right especially with the webbing on them. The fabric would also restrict any movement and cause the joint to become loose over time.

Man, I'm glad I passed on this. Not worth the money in my opinion. It's better than the Medicom figure but then again, that's not saying much...

I'll be picking my Spidey up at CSC, and will definitely be inspecting their supply to find the best of the batch.

I actually like this one better. If it had the color tones that the HT figure has it would be perfect. I'm surprised Hot Toys can't pull off something like this.

2epu8wob.jpg

The first set of pics look a little rough but much of that has to do with the fact that the arms are turned in such a way that the wider portion is facing towards us rather than being turned sideways. Still, I think HT should have went with a standard arm over the ATT guns... Spidey isn't that buff!

I think the mask is going to be hit and miss. It will be interesting to see the various heads as more pics hit, but if there are some that are "perfect", as OMG said his appears to be, while others are more along the lines of the first shots, that seem to have a camel toe looking chin, there will be some disappointed folks out there! Glad I ordered through SSC.... I'll just send him back if I get camel toe chin. :lecture

My wife has camel toe but i'm not sending her back because thankfully it's not on her chin :lol

I like it, the fabric boots are cool and the only problem is this stitching seems, and they cant really be helped, and the gaps on the webbing from red to blue, which shouldnt be the really.

I think they shouldve made a proto with the mask sewn on like it is, to get the shape, then made the torso like a hoodie with the mask as a part of the top then slid it onto the figure and sewn it to the trousers.

That'd get rid of the neck seem.

They shouldve make the costume smaller so it stretches and removes the bunching ripples.

I actually like this one better. If it had the color tones that the HT figure has it would be perfect. I'm surprised Hot Toys can't pull off something like this.

2epu8wob.jpg

I actually got that one, from the person who created it. Though it was great at the time, the webbing falls apart, I had to reglue it many times:slap the head was a little fragile to pose without breaking the webbing. The feet were done really well, but trust me the fingers :thud:
The stitching made the fingers really pudgy, if you bend it into a fist, just not realistic enough, hot toys did the right thing with separate hands. Solid body, webbing is a problem, I can post pics of mine.

As for this, I like it, the pics are hard to tell, you can't really see the blue, so I'll wait till I get mine, I need to see it a sunlight. I think as far spider-man 3 it's pretty dead on. In the 3 movies, you have to realize there were changes in the suit. I think he looked the best in spidey 2. But between 1 and 3 a lot of differences.

just saw the pics. love that there's articulation in the feet. still don't know if I'll buy it though. I want to wait and hope HT makes one from the new film

I actually got that one, from the person who created it. Though it was great at the time, the webbing falls apart, I had to reglue it many times:slap the head was a little fragile to pose without breaking the webbing. The feet were done really well, but trust me the fingers :thud:
The stitching made the fingers really pudgy, if you bend it into a fist, just not realistic enough, hot toys did the right thing with separate hands. Solid body, webbing is a problem, I can post pics of mine.

As for this, I like it, the pics are hard to tell, you can't really see the blue, so I'll wait till I get mine, I need to see it a sunlight. I think as far spider-man 3 it's pretty dead on. In the 3 movies, you have to realize there were changes in the suit. I think he looked the best in spidey 2. But between 1 and 3 a lot of differences.

I would like to see more pictures of that fine custom you got there. I remember seeing one a few years ago and thought it was the best spidey ever made. Sorry to hear that the webbing is fragile, I guess by the way the guy did the webbing it's unavoidable.

Hmmmm.... pics aren't that great...
my first impressions from those is that it need a lot of futzing...
not too crazy about the arms either...
Is it too crazy to say that Medicom's Spidey, looks better right out of the box? :horror!

The obvious neck seam is the only thing about this figure that slightly bothers me. Otherwise it looks great! Box looks good too. Just bought one off ebay, hopefully I'll get a good spidey with proper stitching. Am grateful to hot toys for putting out this figure, like a dream come true (medicom didn't cut it for me).

I think that's the best anyone is going to be able to do in a fully cloth 1/6 scale. Hot Toys has set the bar SO high, sometimes they're over ambitious when you factor in the logistics of this.

Back